TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Aussie Gremlin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2019 at 9:58pm
Final touches on the cold air induction:

Should be all good to test it out at the Nostalgia Drags at the local track next weekend.
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
pfordamx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfordamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2019 at 10:53pm
this is a really cool thread i appreciate you sharing your journey and the lag your seeing from stall to it accelerating is because you need closer to a 5100rpm converter it should flash about 1000-900 rpm below your shift point with a 3 speed( for a drag car). i really like your cowl induction and the homemade slapper bars maybe it was mentioned but what rear axle and gears and if its amc 20 still have you put good axles in it? also i would try 38-39 degrees of total timing if your running over 100 octane that seems to be the sweet spot on amc engines and use the lighest advance springs possible or better lock it out and put a start retard on it.  still really cool the holley sniper unit is tempting i like that data logs thats pretty useful in a race car on its own.
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:36am
AMC20 with 4.10 gears, Truetrac and Moser axles.

Converter sort of fell in my lap at a bargain basement price, probably something I will need to revisit in the future.

I do need to play with the timing some more,I’m  just running pump gas, which I believe is equivalent to US 93 octane.

Drag shocks for the front are also in the post at the moment. 
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 21 minutes ago at 1:01pm
Originally posted by WesternRed WesternRed wrote:

Final touches on the cold air induction:

Should be all good to test it out at the Nostalgia Drags at the local track next weekend.
Looks awesome. Can't wait to hear the results of your next race.

Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic