TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Aussie Gremlin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2016 at 6:31am
One more piece of the puzzle:

Edited by WesternRed - Jul/15/2017 at 5:16am
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2016 at 8:53pm
YES, stunning either way !
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2016 at 3:15am
Originally posted by WesternRed WesternRed wrote:

Despite the stinking hot summer weather over the last few days, I have finally managed to finish getting the engine bay stripped.

Had to do a bit of rust repair behind one of the hood hinges, but that was pretty much it, the rest is nice and solid:

Can I send my Hornet over for you to do. You dont muck around! Smile Will make a nice car to spin around in over there. How did you strip the engine bay so nice?
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2016 at 6:48am
Managed to get some epoxy primer on the engine bay today:

Edited by WesternRed - Jul/15/2017 at 5:17am
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2016 at 12:47pm
Looking Good!!

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2016 at 8:41am
Early start this morning to beat the heat and get it done before heading off for the Club Sprint series in the Beemer, managed to get some colour (or perhaps more correctly lack thereof) on the bay. Did end up with one run in a fairly conspicuous spot and a little bit of crap in the paint, but otherwise I think it went reasonably well for my first crack at 2 pack. With +40C temps forecast for the next couple of days it will get a good baking in the shed.

Edited by WesternRed - Jul/15/2017 at 5:18am
RSX 401 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSX 401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2016 at 9:48am
Absolutely beautiful......
I'll follow these lines a little ways more,

Until I can find what I'm looking for.

With the pedal to the metal,

I'm gaining my speed.

Riding down low in my AMC.....
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2016 at 6:32am
Slightly different puzzle this week, picked this up:

Some assembly required:

Now I can start cleaning up some of the bits and pieces and putting them back on.

Edited by WesternRed - Jul/15/2017 at 7:05am
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2016 at 7:56am
Been on a mission building wind chimes in the shed for the last couple of weekends:

The recently acquired sand blasting cabinet is a bit tedious, but it does get the job done in the end. Paint finish is brush applied KBS Rust Seal in satin black. Not 100% happy with the brush finish, comes up really well on the cast iron bits that have a bit of surface texture, but you can definitely see brush marks on the smoother bits like the brake backing plates and cross member, might have to bite the bullet and spray these bits next time. Not aiming for show or concourse finish so it will have to do this time around.

Edited by WesternRed - Jul/15/2017 at 7:07am
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2016 at 9:51am
And so the re-assembly begins (it's hard taking decent photos when everything is black):

Struck a little problem with one of the upper ball joints when I opened the box:

Edited by WesternRed - Jul/15/2017 at 7:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic