TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Aussie Gremlin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2017 at 8:55am
One more thing crossed off the list, got the transmission cooler mounted and plumbed up today:

WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2017 at 7:55am
New Champion radiator:

Installed:

New radiator hoses are on the way.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2017 at 4:53pm
Radiator looks good. Where, and how much? I gather a V8 one?
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2017 at 5:16pm
Champion 3 core radiator ex-USA, bought off eBay and came in just under AU$400 including shipping. I'm told you can use a HQ radiator but they are a couple of inches shorter in height and you might have to drill the brackets to mount them. Champion is a direct fit and pretty reasonable for price I reckon.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2017 at 8:00am
Managed to get the bearings pressed on and rear axles installed today:

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2017 at 12:11am
It lives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLT-sDDLGNE

Has a massive exhaust leak so it sounds like a truck and it turns out the fuel pump is stuffed, so I have to order a new one of those.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2017 at 1:20am
Good to see and hear. One of the biggest milestones in a restoration. And the one that gives the biggest smile. Cant wait until my Hornet cranks over for the first time
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2017 at 9:02am
Made myself a modified passenger side (RHS) strut rod bracket yesterday, factory bracket on the right for reference:

Probably spent a good couple of hours today messing around with the engine position in the bay to try and make it work with free flow manifolds on both sides. I think I am there, guess I will find out when I put the steering column back together and try to install it. It adds to the fun when you are working with somebody else's home made right hand drive V8 cross member and trying to make it work with the steering back on the left.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2017 at 9:18am
Since I didn't have a lower dash frame that would work with the left hand drive setup, I decided that reworking the right hand drive one would be the best solution. Had to cut it into six pieces then weld the pieces back to together in the appropriate order to make a mirror image of the original.

Before

After

Also finished off re-assembling the steering column and installed it in the car:

And with the steering now functional, it seemed like a good opportunity to reshuffle the cars in the shed, first time the Gremlin has been on its wheels for a while:

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2017 at 7:59am
That's going to be such a cool little cruiser Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>
  Share Topic