TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Are these decent lifters?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2014 at 10:54pm
Well Clay Smith was a wash. They are "USA" made in the same sense that Johnson lifters are, their supplier. "Made in the USA" is a qualified statement. Size wouldn't be a problem considering that Johnson is supplying, but where the blanks come from is.

Topline Hylift is on my list to contact so that I can find out sizing options and whom they supply. Or I'll go through SEL to find out. They are mentioned over and over as being truly American made, to include the all important raw materials. I will ask the qualifying questions I have developed to find out if they are truly making a US product from the iron ore in the ground to final finish work.

Morels and Morel/Eaton (PBM) are on the list too.

Rhodes too.

Scorpions, if they make their own, and they tell me where the raw materials come from.
Summit, once I find out which line is genuine US ( as in Hylift or even Morel- high-end ).

Crane -no- for now
Schneider-no
Clay Smith- no

Steve
ps  Mexican made works if it is in a US company owned factory (Eaton) and they collaborate with someone like Morel

ScrambledEgg View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScrambledEgg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2014 at 8:45am

Forgot to post this response to this thread:

For those wondering about the high energy and the pro magnum hyd lifters that Comp Cams sells, here is what their tech line indicated:

Hi,
The actual measurement for the lifters would be, .9042, and the seat heights are 1.9015.  There is about a 0.0004 max deviation between the few I measured. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 9:46 AM, COMP Cams Cam Help <camhelp@compcams.com> wrote:
Hi,
Looking for specific details on the two Comp Cams hyd lifters (high energy
and pro magnum) you sell for AMC/Mopars. My question is concerning the
diameter that is specified on your website. Both indicate .904 dia. Is
this nomimal or a rounding up method? meaning that are some less than .904
and some are at .904? Looking to see the true exact diameter and getting
it out one more decimal would be great such as .9035 etc. thank you in
advance for your help.

ScrambledEgg
Slate View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2014 at 10:13am

As  more results come in they'll be listed. As to yes's and no's, those are personal preference. 

If the lifters are good quality, fit well, backed by a solid guarantee, and excellent customer service, those are valuable features.

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic