TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior > HVAC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Any Experience with Auto AC Solutions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Experience with Auto AC Solutions?
    Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 8:20am
I've been doing the math on cost to get the A/C working in my '72 Javelin. To get my original factory setup working again I'll need a new condenser, hoses, evaporator, and will need to rebuild the dryer and York compressor. That will cost me at least $500, even if I rebuild the York myself. For $800 I can buy this ready-made system including a new Sanden compressor, adapter, hoses, dryer, evaporator and parallel-flow condenser. Very tempting. Has anyone here bought this setup?

http://autoacsolutions.com/products/1969-1970-1971-1972-1973-1974-1975-1976-1977-1978-1979-1980-amx-javelin-ac-underhood-package/

I think the serpentine condenser I used in my 69 BBO AMX restoration came from them but can't be sure now. It worked fine, but I'd like to go with a parallel-flow condenser this time as originality is not as important to me on this car.  

Edited by CamJam - Sep/11/2019 at 8:23am
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 11:45am
I'd ask for some photos of it installed on something other than a Ford!
AMO Newsletter Editor
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by kirkwood kirkwood wrote:

I'd ask for some photos of it installed on something other than a Ford!

Most definitely! It's not a bad price if it comes with a real Sanden compressor. Either way I wouldn't put a York back on it unless you need originality. They really pull the power and tend to leak at the shaft seals on 134a from what I've read.

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 5:48pm
Thanks for the responses.  Since I posted this I found an a/c shop in Phoenix that will provide the same equipment INSTALLED for about the same price.  They were recommended to me by a fellow AMCer who has used them several times.  Makes it kind of a no-brainer then.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 11:07pm
If it comes with a real Sanden compressor it is full retail. If it has a “Sanden type” compressor it is too much money. I have used Sanden type compressors with good results, just remember they are not as much money as a real Sanden.
I would shop around and get what they offer with a knock-off compressor for about $500.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic