TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

An interesting Javelin on Shannons Auctions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelcontender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An interesting Javelin on Shannons Auctions
    Posted: Feb/23/2015 at 8:19pm
Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else noticed this Javelin that was passed in at a recent Shannons auction.

http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/lot/CBA6CQB96I7Q84VE/#.VOveOelMtaQ

Its been fitted with the running gear and interior of a late model falcon. Whilst I appreciate the engineering that's gone into this I sincerely hope it was imported LHD (would explain the gross falcon dash) and that someone didn't butcher up one of the 40-odd Aussie RHD cars.

Does anyone know any more about it?
74gremx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74gremx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2015 at 8:45pm
VIN decodes as a 1968 SST Javelin, with 290 2 barrel and 3 speed column shift auto, so must have been imported and not one of 'ours' (the AMI built ones I mean).
1970 Javelin 360/727
1974 Levis Gremlin X 304/904
1964 American Convertible
1974 Matador wagon (parts)
2016 Holden Cruze Equipe
2014 Holden Colorado
"Don't mistake activity for achievement".

WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2015 at 10:32pm
It's been around for a while now, for me it would be more acceptable if it was running the turbo falcon six.
OzJavelin2 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OzJavelin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2015 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by WesternRed WesternRed wrote:

It's been around for a while now, for me it would be more acceptable if it was running the turbo falcon six.

NA to turbo conversion would be a huge effort :)
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2015 at 6:03pm
Yes, better just getting the turbo motor in the first place or doing an engine swap now, those things can make some great power with simple upgrades like any turbo motor and are certainly not too shabby in stock form. Even the NA motor puts out something like 185kW (250HP net) from the factory, which is about the same as a stock 401 (255HP net).
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2015 at 4:49pm
Im surprised they didn't completely ruin it and put the dedicated LPG engine in. I have a BF ute, the jav would be boring to drive now.
AMCAMX390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCAMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2015 at 5:26am
This car has popped again for sale two weeks ago in Just Cars (31 Aug) for $22,000
AMCAMX390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCAMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2016 at 1:18am
Just to give you all an update. I was speaking to the owner yesterday and he decided to keep it after all the effort to sell it. Reckons he would miss it to much and enjoys taking it out for a spin. so the Javelcon of Falcelin lives on. He'll be at our Federation Square AMC/Rambler 2 door display in August.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic