TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMXdreamers 1970 AMX Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2010 at 7:19am
out of curiosity, what was the quote for anodizing the rockers? The ceramic looks pretty good, great idea!
AMO Newsletter Editor
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2010 at 12:45pm
I had a quote of $1000 each for chrome because of all the prep work and anodizing isn,t even available in the northwest and they would have had to be shipped south. The ceramic is gauranteed for life to never flake or peel so thats good :)
firecapt321 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Account deleted per user request

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firecapt321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2010 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by AMC instigator AMC instigator wrote:

Sure Looks like a  lot of Hours, I am glad I am not aloneSmile SH

Its not that bad, its just getting Tony to actually work on it thats the hard part...LOL luv ya bro!!!
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2010 at 6:12pm
Not all of us get to rest at work and have your energy when you get home! Tongue
I don`t know what you`re talking about...the chick says I am always in the garage!
sidewinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2010 at 7:00pm
Car is lookin awsome!! Your doing a first class amazing job!  I can't believe how many 70's are in the works lately!!  Gonna be  some great new cars around in the next few years!!
Chuck Page ,AKA Sidewinder
1968 "BLACK CHERRY" Javelin
Previous owner of 2013 Heritage Cup winner 1970 BBO AMX

17tamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17tamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2010 at 1:50am
Wow! I am blown away on how many great cars are in the works. When I am spending hours with my face in the glass of my blast cabinet I will know that all you guys are hard at work also. The quality of the work is outstanding. I love seeing all the pictures and captions. Its like having our own dedicated AMC magazine.

Edited by 17tamx - Jan/26/2010 at 1:51am
Kirk P. Fletcher
70 AMX BBG w/Shadow 390 4sp
71 SC360 Wild Plum Ram Air 4sp
67 Rogue Convert 343 4sp
66 Rogue Hardtop 290 Auto
66 440 Convert 232 Auto
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2010 at 11:17am

Wow, it`s been a while since an update! I haven`t been working on the car much but have been in the garage. I installed a bunch of lower and upper cabinets that I scooped up for free and have been organizing. It is so much easier to work when you have space! Between garage organizing, detailing the pooh mobile some more, kids etc. time has been tight.

The last time I worked on the car I found a stripped bolt on my waterpump and just walked away from it. Today I had some time and got to it again removing everything from the front and took it off AGAIN, this must make 5 waterpump gaskets and the car hasn't even been started yet! I ended up heli coiling all the 1/4 inch bolts so this is not going to be an issue again. The car is now ready for exhaust which will hopefully happen sooner rather than later. I still need to put a new U-joint in my driveshaft as the new one I installed is binding and just isn't right.

I also refinished a rearview mirror I picked up from a forum member and installed it. Anyone have a pic of the screw that mounts through the headliner to the ceiling where the sunvisers clip in? I can't find the screw and don't want to go into the roof. Length and head style is needed so I can pick through my hardware.

I purchased Dynamat Extreme for the floor which will wait until I`m ready for carpet before I install. I also figured out my fuel line issue. Earospace makes an NHRA approved rubber line!

Here are a couple of new pictures. 

Edited by amxdreamer - Nov/14/2017 at 10:04pm
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
steeters View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steeters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2010 at 11:28am
how are those fuel lines attached to the t-fitting and the carb?.  It looks like they are just pushed on, or are there clamps in there that i cannot see?  The installation sure looks clean.

Also, on the transmission lines where they transition from hard lines to the radiator.  Did you make those rubber hose fittings or were they off the shelf items?  And what kind of "end" is on the hard line where it connects to the rubber line?

As always the car is amazing looking!

Steve

Edited by steeters - Apr/04/2010 at 11:33am
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2010 at 11:52am
Thanks Steve, lol yes the lines are just pushed on for now, as I didn't have any small clamps handy (reorganizing my garage). I tried a few fuel line options as I wanted to keep the coil in the stock location and can't run that much rubber line at the track. I believe there are 2 versions of transmission lines on the 1970's and this is the version on my car. I purchased these ones from APD as my local Canadian Line and Tube dealer didn't get back to me.
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2010 at 4:58pm
GREAT CAR......are you going to drive it regularly???    or at all????

Edited by turbo - Apr/04/2010 at 5:00pm
they call me Capt RETIRED!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
  Share Topic