TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMX/3 Reproductions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eagle Kammback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2007 at 5:17am
Will this go into a full scale kit car like the Cobras? I want one, that is my favorite concept car of all time
Peter Marano View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Marano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2007 at 7:39am
Regarding the 'A' pillars: Don't the photos of the car on the trailer when you picked it up show pillars?

Were modifications made to allow a standard windshield to fit?
AMX390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
AMX/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2007 at 2:26pm
Peter,
The AMX/3 "Pushmobile" had been partially grafted onto a stretched Pantera chassis in the 1980's so the entire windshield frame was Pantera. I received the fiberglass top and bottom pieces from the original but not the sides.

Eagle, I hope this car goes into full production so you can buy one, only time will tell. I am not a kit car manufacturer by trade, but I am also fond of this body style.

Things are heating up on this project, have you seen the cover of the new AMO magazine, thanks to Mike Spangler. My father once told me "be bold and great forces will come to your aid." Well this is a BOLD project and great forces are showing up.
Tom

Edited by AMX390 - Aug/16/2007 at 2:28pm
I love The AMC forum!

http://www.amx390.com

Eagle Kammback View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eagle Kammback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2007 at 2:04am
On the Rodderscorner, somebody started a thread titled, "I Didn't Know AMC Made A Sexy Car" and it had a picture of the AMX/3, Kind of oddly funny timingI thought
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2007 at 2:23am
Can we put this into the "projects" section, since it is a MAJOR project on a massive scale?
This is beyond someone just chatting about a dream car, this is someone following that dream.
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2007 at 5:01pm
This project is absolutely a dream come true for us AMCers. Tom has a huge project on his hands but has taken his time to go about it the right way. I have been lucky enough to see this car twice this summer and know what amount of work Tom looks forward too.
I am one of Toms biggest supporters of this project and only wish I was financially able to support it too.
Hopefully one day the second phase of this project is complete and I will be able to visit Tom and go for ride in a replica of AMX/3.

Excuse me while I go out and buy a lottery ticket so I can make put my order in for my Red AMX/3...lol

Allan

69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2007 at 11:24pm
I'm with Aljav - he hit the nail on the head!
AMO Newsletter Editor
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2007 at 11:27pm
Yup - if I win the lottery, I'll be right there with funds to help the project and be among first in line for my kit of that car..............

To find someone who would take on just a project, unselfishly, and restore and preserve this rare piece of not just AMC history, but auto history.

Can't help but think if they were around now and released that car, it would be a smash hit in todays market.
Mountainmoron View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmoron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2007 at 3:20am
Congratulations to you, Tom, on the AMX/3 feature story in the July/August AMO American Motoring magazine! Lots of history and the story about how you came to be the new owner of the pushmobile is now instant history as well!

I also saw in this week's AutoWeek magazine where the AMX/3 is included in their feature about a recent "Italian designed" car show in Ohio (?) There is a photo of a yellow AMX/3 standing alongside a few Ferraris and Alfas.  
'69 AMX 390EFI, AMO #9412
AMX390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
AMX/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2007 at 6:20am

Thanks Guys,

Cry I'm all teared up from your kind words. It really isn't anything I have done, this poor car was lost for 30 years, who knew or remembered there was such a thing as a fiberglass AMX/3, I barely knew anything about the steel ones. I have been a 20 year AMC hobbiest playing with some typical AMC stuff, AMX, Javelin, Gremlin having fun like some naive Jamaican, not knowing a Category 5 hurrican was about to hit!

So now there is no going back, with help and support from people like yourselves, especially Allan who has played a very key role in this, I should have mentioned in the AMO newsletter that it was Allan who first told me it was a Pantera chassis under the AMX/3, we'll have to save that for the movie. I am as curious as you to see how far we can take this thing. There will be 5 copies of this "pushmobile" made next month, just like the Italians who were making the steel ones in groups of 5. Then we can take a set and modify it in such a way that we could be proud to stick it to a chassis. There are some folks stepping up to the plate to take this project much farther than I could, I just carried the batton the first leg of the race. Now I am slowing down financially, so I will be handing the batton to some fresh runners, let the games begin!
Thanks for the heads up MM, I will go get a copy of AutoWeek magazine.
Tom

P.S. I discovered the problem I was having before with posting pictures was because I was copy/pasting the URL, now that I am typing the entire text by hand on the forum it works fine. I am a picture posting fool, I love this Forum.

Edited by AMX390 - Aug/21/2007 at 6:30am
I love The AMC forum!

http://www.amx390.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
  Share Topic