TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

American Racing Headers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1rwb70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2017 at 9:43pm
Was able to meet Nick last night and see these headers. These are really nice pieces.
Jan Phersson View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jan Phersson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2017 at 4:36pm
Nice to see you here Nick!
I have great experience from your headers on my Super Stock GTS Viper. Will email you tomorrow to find out progress on a set for my 1969 AMX.
A.R. Headers View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2017 at 9:53pm
Jan, we have made progress in the final design which will now be a one piece but with the option to go with individual tube for full race applications.
The delay has been finalizing the flange design which will have us machine each flange to clear the head bolts. I'll have pictures of the flanges posted here this week.

It's nice hearing from you!

Nick
lrallen View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2017 at 2:59pm
What happened to the headers? May then no more information.
AMC Forever
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2017 at 5:40pm
I have had so much trouble with small body headers that anything new would really have to be something special to get me to try them. I have had to remove suspension pieces to get them on and off, had heat problems with starters being too close, had to make heat shields to keep from cooking starters and rubber parts nearby, had chronic leaks, had to reweld them at flanges, had problems with smashing them on speed bumps and experienced working for a whole day required to take the right one off, replace a starter, and put it back together. That said, it is an uphill battle and I am curious to see if any made for small body cars will work out.
Why Ramblers? Chicks dig 'em. Whatever it is, I can take it apart.
Located near Rochester, NY
Jan Phersson View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jan Phersson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2017 at 2:40am
Nick, any updates for us?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic