TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC's in local magazines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokerchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 6:41pm
Here is the write up about our AMI assembled Americans and Hornets

1962 Rambler American 400 Convertible

1967 Rambler American 440 Sedan
Pokerchip View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokerchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 6:43pm

74gremx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74gremx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 7:14pm
Found this in an old Americar magazine

I wonder where it is now. Note the 66 taillights hacked into place to replace the old ones. Perhaps that's all he could get.
1970 Javelin 360/727
1974 Levis Gremlin X 304/904
1964 American Convertible
1974 Matador wagon (parts)
2016 Holden Cruze Equipe
2014 Holden Colorado
"Don't mistake activity for achievement".

ozziamc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozziamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 7:27pm
would love that car, always liked the 64 hardtop.

74 hornet hatch

69 AMX 3 of 24 AMI build

75 sportabout

81 Concord

all Right Hand Drive
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 10:20pm
Thanks Pokerchip for Hornet article. Pic 02 near westgate bridge is definatly not a 70 Model with them blinkers in the back tail panel. It is late 71 as I have an article from the 'Cessnock Eagle' local newspaper dated Sept 3 1971 with full page article titled 'New Hornet announced' with this exact picture and talking about the colour coded back panel and new added on rear blinkers. The orange Hornet  BGT-739 is not a 71 as stated either, it is actually a 70 model as I have an original Wheels magazine that has this car on the cover from October 1970 talking about how the Hornet hits the 'intermediate' market as it had just been released. The Wheels mag has pic of BGT-739 with August rego on it (you can see the 7 on window sticker) and it had black interior. Wonder if this car is still out there unscathed?? as it was one of the first batch of Hornets made in OZ which were in August 1970 for the October release (mine is an August 70 Hornet too #103) Also interesting to read the comparison to the VE Commodore and it's flares. I think someone high up in Holden is an AMC fan as you only have to look at the VE flare job (althouh VE's, like all new cars guards, don't have tumble home guards) and have a look at the VE 'Sportswagon' shape at the back and then have a look at the Hornet 'Sportabout'. Very striking resemblence ;-)
Pokerchip View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokerchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 11:01pm
No probs mate. I saw a few discrepancies in the article too. The picture is of a 196 and the mag says its a 232. It still is a good read though.

On another note, I picked up the latest issue of Australian Classic Car, and there is an article on Collier Motors! 

Is it just me, or are our cars starting to get more coverage lately?

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 4:52am
As for being the 'coolest', I reckon this one is 'cooler', but that's just me..
[/QUOTE] I wonder if Suzuki saw this one before they made their little Mighty Boys in the late 80's Tongue I want one!!!! Who made it and where is it?
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 4:57am
[QUOTE=74gremx]Catching up on some reading I came across this. It's in an "Extreme Action" magazine, No 89. (Well it says 89 on the front cover, but 88 on the contents page, so who knows)

Hi GremX. Have you got a phone number or website for the magazine this car was in? I might try them and see if they can contact owner and try to get it to the Chryslers on the Murray 2014. Sorry if I have missed any info on your Gremlin but is it a nice original and registered? As would be great to have an original one at COTM.
74gremx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74gremx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 5:52pm
No, all I know is what's in the magazine. As for mine, it's not going yet and will be original with no mods, only items that came from the factory (304, 904, power KH disc brakes, power steering, LSD). Seatbelts are my latest headache; car won't comply with ADR4A & 5 without mods. I believe the white Gremlin that was on Ebay in SA (now in NSW) is having rego issues, maybe seat belts is one of them.

1970 Javelin 360/727
1974 Levis Gremlin X 304/904
1964 American Convertible
1974 Matador wagon (parts)
2016 Holden Cruze Equipe
2014 Holden Colorado
"Don't mistake activity for achievement".

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 6:21pm
Thanks GremX. Is the yellow one the only one registered in OZ? It's a shame there arn't more of these roaming our streets. And a shame our only Aussie one went back to America.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic