TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC Spirit Rally Car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jebidia24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2019 at 10:35am
I heard back from ARA, they posted a bulletin (Bulletin 2018-2) regarding novice drivers.  Using a naturally aspirated engine I can run an engine up to 2700cc without the need of a restricter plate.  The restricter plate is 55mm id for 1.5mm.  There is a caveat for engines which meet these rules but also have unusually high power outputs such as the Ford Cosworth BDG, Super 2000 engines, etc.  I am guessing (as I haven't asked) that the SD-4 engine would likely fit into this category.  There is a chance that the SD-4 being relatively unknown outside of the S-10, Fierro, ARCA, and midget racing worlds that the technical scrutineers may not know much of the SD-4.  Either way, the SD-4 will probably have too much power to drive easily as a novice.  So I am definitely going to go with the EA831.  I will be adding some power and reliability upgrades as this engine could use some livening up (if only to lightly tuned Porsche 924 spec).  This will also make the car lighter and easier to drive.  Still trying to find a HR-1 bellhousing and possible trans.  Cage work will likely begin when winter is over as the car is stuck in my other (heated) garage which is snowed in.
1981 Eagle SX-4 258
1979 Spirit Kammback 122
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic