TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AMC LONE STAR REGIONAL, OCT 1ST, 2016 HOUSTON, TX
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC LONE STAR REGIONAL, OCT 1ST, 2016 HOUSTON, TX - Event Date: Oct/01/2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: AMC LONE STAR REGIONAL, OCT 1ST, 2016 HOUSTON, TX
    Posted: Aug/08/2016 at 3:49pm
Time to start planning your fall AMC activities and what better way than to mark your calendar for the 2016 AMC Lone Star Regional to be held October 1st from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Carriage Clubhouse, 3210 Bingle, Houston, TX 77055!  This is a family friendly event open to all AMC, Rambler, Jeep, Nash, Hudson vehicles through 1988 in any condition.  This is a show and shine event with awards including Best Project, Long Distance (traveled by participant to the event), Carriage Clubhouse Favorite, Participant's Choice and People's Choice.  No harsh judging.  For those of you who missed out on the East TX AMC Cruise-In back in June, here's your second chance for the year to come out and have a great time with the Texas AMC community, see old friends, meet new friends and make great new contacts in the AMC community.  Participation was great last year and we will once again have an on-site food truck for all your snack and lunch needs.  This is a free event and sponsorships are being accepted.  There is more than ample on-site trailer parking if you need it.  For more information on the event, please contact Tom Taylor 713-249-2466, tom.taylor@c-a-m.com or Ted Davis, tedamx@gmail.com .  I'm including the show flyer, so please print some off or pass along the link to this page to share the information.  Be sure to come out and support the last American independent.  Here is a link to last year's event posting with some pictures:

Hope to see you all there,
Reagan

Once owned'70 Donohue 360 :(
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
'74/'75 Wagoneer 401 project(s)
'74 Javelin 401 very late (the last?) built.
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
jeffsclassics View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffsclassics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2016 at 7:35am
Hi Reagan,
Thanks for posting, I am planning to be there with my '71 Javelin project (Best Project Car winner last year!) sporting the new 401 and some other upgrades.

Looking forward to another great AMC show!

Jeff
Jeff
'71 Javelin SST, driving project since 1990
Dogyman2 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogyman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2016 at 12:55pm
Man if I could have my 69 Jav done by then I would love to travel there from Austin!
tedjr1 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedjr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2016 at 3:27pm
My car's gas tank developed a leak but I
will be there>
67amc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67amc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2016 at 7:39pm
67 Rogue convertible will be participating!
BayshoreBlues View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2016 at 9:48am
This is an all inclusive event, so if you have a way to trailer your car down, please do so (plenty of trailer parking available) and join in.  Any condition vehicle is welcome and we do have a Best Project category that you just might win.  If trailering isn't feasible, please attend anyway, we'd love to have you there.
Reagan
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2016 at 9:52am
We are needing to get event t-shirt orders in as soon as possible.  Please, submit your requested quantity and sizes to either myself, ratliffr@centralisd.com, or Ted Davis at tedamx@gmail.com  We may only have a couple of extras for sale at the event, so ensure you have yours waiting for you to pick it up first thing that day.
Reagan
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2016 at 9:26am
One last reminder that tomorrow is the day for our 2016 AMC Lone Star Regional being held at Carriage Clubhouse, 3210 Bingle, Houston, TX 77055.   Registration will begin as early as 8 am for you early birds and the event is scheduled to run until 3 pm.  Be advised, we have been told to avoid taking 290 due to heavy construction, so it is looking like taking I-10 over to Bingle and up is the easiest alternate route (depending on where you are coming from of course).  Also, we will be using the south gate and south end of the building (which is on Blankenship) this year for entrance and registration, etc, as this will put everyone closer to the entrance in order to view inside Carriage Clubhouse, utilize the restrooms, ice machine and lounge area.  **Take note, please, be respectful of the boundaries set-up by the Carriage Clubhouse staff and do not cross into the areas where cars are being stored**.  They are allowing us use of the facility and in return we must abide by their rules.  Trailer parking will be behind the building and there is ample room back there.  We will once again have a great food truck on site for all your lunch and snack needs.  If you need have further info, please contact Tom Taylor at 713/249-2466. 

There will be a few extra 2016 LSR event t-shirts available for purchase at $15 each, but the supply is limited.  There will also be some 2015 LSR shirts at $15 each or 2 for $10 and we will have a few 2016 East Texas Cruise-In shirts in Large and XL available for those that couldn't make the event back in June at $15 each.  Please, plan on paying with exact change or by check.

At registration be sure to pick up a car placard.  Staff will print your car number on it and you have the option to fill-out the rest.  Additionally, get your ballots to vote for awards and make sure to get your door-prize tickets from the registration table.

The weather forecast looks to be great for tomorrow.  Keep in mind that this event is for vehicles in any condition, so if the colors don't match, your coordinating theme is rust or dents (or both), you drive it so you're proud of the rock chips and bug smears or it lives a pampered life on a trailer, all are welcome.  Remember to bring your folding chairs, camera, sunscreen and AMC stories and knowledge to share.  We look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow and wish everyone a safe journey to and from the event.  
See you all tomorrow,
Reagan
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2016 at 11:39am
Pictures anyone???
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
83GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2016 at 8:06pm
Event Pics  -  Hoods Up  -  let me apologize for missing a few cars, some of my pics didn't come out well  -  the was one interloper, I'm sure he stopped by because he was jealous of the American Muscle

2014 Star Stryker - Only Ride
1992 Bayliner Trophy Walk-Around
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic