TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC EUROMEET 2015 in Finland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2014 at 4:38am
My other half is Scottish . I would love to come over and throw a few valve covers around. Ill pencil it in for a few years time,
American67 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote American67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2014 at 4:46am
Lucas, i bet you would get a special award for longest distance...
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2014 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by dltowers dltowers wrote:

Tony (amxdreamer), here is a show you have to attend.

Pfffffffffffffft that's just a night away...6700 miles...now THAT is a car show trip!
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
American67 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote American67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2014 at 12:32pm
i will buy you a beer if you do it Thumbs Up
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 12:41pm
So i booked my ferry, Travemünde in Germany to Helsinki Finland,
with some internetresarch i managed to bokk the ferry for 750$.
I passed the Bed for it, and choose a Sleeping chair,
Starting Thursday 3AM (boarding at midnight) in Travemünde,
And will araive in Helsinki Frisay at 9Am.

So i will probably head on straight to Säkylä to have Shower and catch up some sleep, i heard finish summer nights are long, Wink and somebody brings the Beer.

SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
Kamikazi02 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kamikazi02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2015 at 3:13pm
Howdy from Germany as well, 

Sir Digger where are you located in Germany. I am currently in Kaiserslautern.   Unhappily I will not have the time to get to Finland this year. 
 I have a 1965 Rambler Classic 327 V8 Convertible. 

Todd
Todd D Weingeroff
1965 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible, AC/PS/Auto 327 Pics located http://photobucket.com/65Convert770
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2015 at 5:36am
Todd I´m still around 170 Miles north of you Near Kassel,
the next bigger Town to the Village I´ll live in, is called Homberg/Efze.
I hope that i can make it to one of the PepCars Meetings in Frankfurt or Kaiserslautern this year,
but my Progress on the Javelin is so slow due to my Work.
If your Rambler needs some Miles, feel free to contact me for a Visit.

SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
Kamikazi02 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kamikazi02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2015 at 10:34am
Sounds Great!
Todd D Weingeroff
1965 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible, AC/PS/Auto 327 Pics located http://photobucket.com/65Convert770
HornetRWB View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HornetRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2015 at 4:54am
Oh nice, Euromeet 2015 is already posted here. Thanks mates!

I'm the main organizer of the event for the international visitors(so I answer to that av (at) amccf.com e-mail). If you have any questions about the event - just send me an e-mail, or message on this board or just post them here and I'll take care of them.

We've got cars coming this year from at least 6 countries (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Poland, Germany, possibly others as well) and likely again several folks joining us from USA and other countries. It's an easy flight to Helsinki and we can arrange space for you in an AMC that's coming to the meet from that area if you're interested.

We're looking to get from 60 to 100 cars this year, hence it'll be the biggest AMC meet ever in Europe.

Finnish Valvecover throw
...is something we thought up in a club meeting sauna on the first years we organized events (year 2000 I think).
I had a spare set of 304cid original valve covers which were a bit busted up (they are even more so nowadays after 15 years of use) and without further thought here's the rules we created. Feel free to use the sport in your meetings - it's great fun!

(1) Equipment:
- Thrown covers must be a pair of original AMC V8 second gen valve covers. No substitutes.

(2) Place:
- We draw a direct line (facing to the woods, a road, baseball field, grasslands, or wherever there's enough safe space - if there's a couple trees it just adds to the flavor that year) and competitors must throw the covers from that line.

(2) Throwing:
- From the line.
- No running starts, so each competitor must stand on his ground when throwing (no rules on the position of feet or their usage as long as the competitor does not overstep the line).

(3) Throwing Details:
- You can throw the valve covers in any possible way you want - just as both covers must leave the hands of the competitor at the same time.
- Any throw outside of the throwing sector (forwards from the line) is disqualified.
- Keeping in mind, there's at least as many throwing strategies as there are competitors, some work better, some not so much. ;) I can tell you that it's not the strongest guy that wins, even if they do seem to think so before throwing...

(4) Other Rules:
- Beginners (never thrown before) get one practice round, should they ask for it. After that they're considered experts.
- Experts (thrown once before) get only one throw.
- Measurement is taken from the middle of the drawn line to where the valve covers ended up (note: not landed, but ended up) and they're added up (for example 20 meters and 10 meters, the result is 30 meters).
- There's a series for guys (15+ years of age), ladies (15+ years of age) and kids (younger than 15 years).

(5) Rewards:
- Guys series winner trophy is typically a spiced bottle of vodka (salmiac, mint, or similar flavours). Plus bragging rights until next year's competition.
- Ladies series winner trophy is good bottle of wine. Plus bragging rights until next year's competition.
- Kids all get rewards (candybar/bag/etc) and the winner get's a double reward (2 x candies)

As you can imagine, it's not that important who wins, since typically we end up sharing the guys reward anyhow later that night. And the measurements are taken by one person. If there's a long measurement tape then we use that, if not, then it's just number of "standard" steps that person makes (marking them on the field before competition starts).

Finnish Rambler Push
...is just that.
- We ask the assembled folks for an AMC that's possibly not so strict about fingerprints or even possibly minor scratches on their car.
- There's usually at least one flat black drinking car or other such in a meet and typically the owner volenteers. If not, we can use any marque daily driver beater for this event but haven't been forced to do so yet.
- This car is then chosen a driver who drives the car to a drawn line on a (preferrably dirt) road.
- Then we draw another line about 3 car lengths forward which acts as a finish line. Front tire marks the timing point.
- Then it's brakes off, trans in neutral, each person pushes to the finish line, we take the time and the driver backs up the car back to the starting line for the next competitor.
- The one that's the fastest wins.

Prizes are similar like in the Valvecover throw. There's a series for Guys and Ladies (you'd be surprised how many want to take part).

Both of these "sporting events" typically take place during the car show on the main event day (Saturday in our case), while judges go around the cars and people do their thing. :)

Edited by HornetRWB - Mar/27/2015 at 5:06am
70BBOAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70BBOAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2015 at 8:02pm
Keep a lookout for this Javelin SST. My father imported it for my Uncle in London.  Was 360 3 speed stick. Would be cool to know its still alive. Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic