TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC Dealer Tool Sale UPDATE! List Posted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMC Dealer Tool Sale UPDATE! List Posted
    Posted: Mar/20/2018 at 4:53pm
I have finally finished cataloging nearly 300 tool pieces from an AMC dealership.  Took over 3 months to complete.  While there are some tools spoken for, there are going to be a good number of Kent Moore and Miller-Detroit tools listed for sale over the coming weeks.  Some tools I have not been able to clearly identify.  I am trying to price them fairly and hope to help make restorations a bit easier for a lot of folks.

The best thing you can do for yourself if you have AMC tool interests, is to begin using your TSM as a "Sears Christmas Catalog" now.

Go to the end of each section and look at the tools listed to do repairs on items you want to be able to do yourself or to help your mechanic out with if you take it to a modern shop.  Write down the list and send it to me via PM.  It looks like most tools are from early 60s - early 80s.

Tools are heavy, so the best shipping program is to fill up a medium or large flat rate box with tools of interest.  Once I finish sorting and preparing the list for distribution, I will also post in the for sale section here.  But if you want a jump on the next guy - do your homework now and send me a list.

Edited by kcsamc - Mar/24/2018 at 10:37pm
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
1964 Amb. 990H
A-Scheme SC/Rambler
bbgjc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbgjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2018 at 6:19pm
I'm definitely looking for these:
J-23196 - 390/401 Piston ring remover/installer
J-8028 - 304/360 Piston ring remover/installer
John  

71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2018 at 6:25pm
Kevin, If you have an extra striker bolt tool J-22732, I would be very interested in buying it. My local AMC dealer says he has one but I have looked everywhere there for it and can't find it.

I also wouldn't mind an original Kent-Moore (70-up) spring compressor. My local dealer won't sell me his original.

billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2018 at 6:58pm
I just used my KM spring tool - man was that a nice deal with that 73
Just wish it had the proper bottom part that goes under the spring support bushing before you put the nuts on the bottom. I had to make a strap for mine since it was missing that part and it makes it a bit harder to use - to get the nuts on the studs. So hoping for a bottom part one of these days.
But it's still a dream and works so easily.
Badly need a J22516
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2018 at 7:09pm
Id like the hub puller... rear end. and trunnion spring compressors.  
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2018 at 8:08pm
Gotta give me J numbers....

Or Miller numbers. I got a bunch of Miller tools. Looks like a little old Chrysler tools too if you guys into that or know those that are.
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
1964 Amb. 990H
A-Scheme SC/Rambler
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2018 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by bbgjc bbgjc wrote:

I'm definitely looking for these:
J-23196 - 390/401 Piston ring remover/installer
J-8028 - 304/360 Piston ring remover/installer
John  

Sorry - no go on those numbers..Confused
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
1964 Amb. 990H
A-Scheme SC/Rambler
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2018 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by 71SC360 71SC360 wrote:

Kevin, If you have an extra striker bolt tool J-22732, I would be very interested in buying it. My local AMC dealer says he has one but I have looked everywhere there for it and can't find it.

I also wouldn't mind an original Kent-Moore (70-up) spring compressor. My local dealer won't sell me his original.

I got one of the J-22732 in the bunch - but going to keep that one!

Spring tool got taken by another forum member here right after I got the bunch.  That and the rear hub tool have to be the most popular tool out there...
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
1964 Amb. 990H
A-Scheme SC/Rambler
bbgjc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbgjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2018 at 6:15am
Kevin, thanks for checking. I've been looking for those suckers for years. Seems I can find every size out there except those two?!  Maybe the Miller equivalent?  I have idea where to dig those numbers up, but if you see any size specific ring expanders please keep me in mind.
First_Gear View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote First_Gear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2018 at 12:23pm
How about suspension Spring compressor J-7389?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic