TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

amc 6 or 8 to Ford world class T5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote racerkilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2017 at 7:15pm
I think the hydraulic slaves bolts to the same place as the old mechanical pivot bracket. My sx/4 with the 6 housing looks to have the same bolt holes as my v8 sr4 housing. They use two bolts into the bellhousing on the front side. I think you can add a hydraulic clutch to a 2wd car with no issues other then the pedal having a different pivot point for throw(only read this somewhere about the pedal) 
DaemonForce View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaemonForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2017 at 1:10am
Originally posted by purple72Gremlin purple72Gremlin wrote:

An eagle bellhousing is different than the 2wd bellhousing. Eagles use a slave cylinder..........where the 2wd cars use mechanical.

What are you antique? The bell housing is the same, it's from an L6 and gets swapped behind....Another L6. It's the V8 swap where dimensions get weird, usually with the input shaft. I have an Eagle bell and a CJ bell, one has a low throwout, the other has a high throwout. I MIGHT be saving this one for experimental use in the Javelin but at this point I can't say. I'm more interested in transforming the MX into a full manual control transmission for the track. Embarrassed
Originally posted by racerkilla racerkilla wrote:

I think the hydraulic slaves bolts to the same place as the old mechanical pivot bracket. My sx/4 with the 6 housing looks to have the same bolt holes as my v8 sr4 housing. They use two bolts into the bellhousing on the front side. I think you can add a hydraulic clutch to a 2wd car with no issues other then the pedal having a different pivot point for throw(only read this somewhere about the pedal) 

Confirmed.
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2017 at 4:15am
Originally posted by DaemonForce DaemonForce wrote:

Originally posted by purple72Gremlin purple72Gremlin wrote:

An eagle bellhousing is different than the 2wd bellhousing. Eagles use a slave cylinder..........where the 2wd cars use mechanical.

What are you antique? The bell housing is the same, it's from an L6 and gets swapped behind....Another L6. It's the V8 swap where dimensions get weird, usually with the input shaft. I have an Eagle bell and a CJ bell, one has a low throwout, the other has a high throwout. I MIGHT be saving this one for experimental use in the Javelin but at this point I can't say. I'm more interested in transforming the MX into a full manual control transmission for the track. Embarrassed
Originally posted by racerkilla racerkilla wrote:

Confirmed.
They are not the same.  the angle of the fork is different. when you use the mechanical linkage with the eagle bellhousing, it will have problems.................but you do what you want.  Ive been told experience doesnt count anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic