TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC 327 rocker oiling question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67327amc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMC 327 rocker oiling question
    Posted: Mar/23/2019 at 4:15pm
My driver side rear rocker arm shaft bolt, the one with drilled oiling holes, had one hole blocked.  Also found that the rocker shaft had several bottoms oil holes blocked.  I’ve cleaned and checked everything but my concern is how do I know if I’m getting correct oil from the rear bolt hole?  Is there a way to flush and check the main oil path up to the drilled rear bolt?
Engine is still in jeep, oil pan is off and rocker shafts are out.  Is it possible to use compressed air, penetrating oil, motor flush or something else in the rear bolt hole to flush the passage?  Thanks in advance. 
REBEL_BOB View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REBEL_BOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2019 at 9:29pm
Fuel oil,brake cleaner,lighter fluid for the BBQ      use OUTSIDE TAKE CARE AND BE SAFE. when you put it  back together fresh oil and filter leave valve covers off pull  spark plugs and put a jumper on the battery turn over and watch the rocker arm shafts oiling    good luck
THANKS FROM REBEL_BOB
gtoman_us View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2019 at 4:13am
You could pull the distributor and spin the oil pump shaft.  I imagine you will see the oil flow thru the galley.  I have a shaft from an old disty that I can chuck into a drill..
Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic