TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AM/FM/CB radio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ditdit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2017 at 2:36am
Sorry to hear of your loss , I will need radio ,Mike , antenna matcher box that way you can check the whole system . Hope to hear from you soon regards ditdit
1968 AMX 401/727
1984 Eagle 4.0 org owner
1988 Eagle (time machine)
1980 Jeep J10
1977 Hornet AMX (Green)
macdude443 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macdude443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2017 at 11:04am
I'm just guessing, but I've had a few of the same era AMC AM/FM models where the FM became almost inaudible and FM Stereo went out.  I found that in all three of them that the FM MPX IC had gone south.  I was able to find a substitute IC and it cleared up the problem.  Certainly didn't cost $380!  $65 sounds more than reasonable.  Have you seen that issue before? 
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon
ditdit View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ditdit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2017 at 3:18am
sorry but I though that I answered you but I guess that maybe that I hit the message delete instead of send button,yes I have found a lot of the multi IC & a lot of the FM Osc transistor ,also audio amps and on the am side rf front end and mixer , on the cb end rf finals and that is caused by not adjusting the antenna match box with a swr meter for the lowest setting around channel 19 , by the way I was raised in  Harrisburg ditdit 
1968 AMX 401/727
1984 Eagle 4.0 org owner
1988 Eagle (time machine)
1980 Jeep J10
1977 Hornet AMX (Green)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic