TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Alright.. can't stand it anymore!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadTad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alright.. can't stand it anymore!
    Posted: Mar/22/2008 at 6:12pm
Time to re-do the inside of my ride!

Someone did a hack job on the door panels ( speakers ) , the dash got ripped out by the losser my wife was dating before we met, the seats need to be recovered, rubber floor replaced ( and rust repair done, nothing major ), the head liner sucks and I need to fix the instrument cluster and repair the 'square' that someone cut in the dask for a radio.. Cry

Almost to much to bear.. to top it off, someone poped the driver lock and trunk lock - I have new lock kit, but the trunk lock is tumbler only , and in this case the whole thing is missing.. might be able to re-use the pass side lock with new tumlber for the trunk?

Any suggestions on door panels/dash replacement??  Found a rubber floor mat for about 180 shipped..  headliner I've got no clue!
1967 AMC Rambler
CloudyB View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CloudyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2008 at 12:13am
Go into the vendor area.Plenty of vendors for the stuff you need. APD,Kennedy,etc.
For the headliner.Many reuposoltery places will do your headliner.

Edited by Mountainmoron - Mar/23/2008 at 3:52am
70 BB Green Donohue
FamlyTradition View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FamlyTradition Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2008 at 3:49am
An interior shop will can do the door panels/ headliner. I agree, start checking the vendors list. Post something in the wanted section.
65 Rambler Classic 550 & 660
KermitDRambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KermitDRambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2008 at 7:31am
Nobody makes new factory style headliners anymore and they are expensive to ship because they can't be rolled up. I'd be very interested to see what you end up with `cause I'm in the same boat with my 68.

Matt
1967 American wagon

http://www.mattsoldcars.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic