TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Adjustable PCV Valve Group Buy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adjustable PCV Valve Group Buy
    Posted: Aug/11/2019 at 10:58am
I'd like to see if there's enough interest in the M/E Wagner adjustable PCV valve to do a
group buy with them. If we have at least 8 people buy one we all get 25% off, so they'd be $96.75 each.

Yes it's expensive for a PCV valve, but it's adjustable to each engine, and should be the last one you'll ever need. It's rebuildable, 100% made in the USA, and looks fancy too.

I know there are folks out there that don't see the need for PCV at all, so of course they can stop 
reading here. For the people who want to run a PCV valve and have modified their engine somewhat,
the stock PCV valves aren't going to do the job perfectly. Digging around through forums to find
different valves to try might get us somewhere, but it's time I'd rather spend elsewhere. These
guys have a solution that works.

Optimizing the PCV system can help:
 Reduce oil leaks
 Reduce oil dilution by blowby fuel vapor
 Keep crankcase cleaner
 Improve idle tuning characteristics
 Reduce oil burning at idle, cruise, and WOT

Please spend some time digging around on their website, definitely take a look at the Customer's Rides section to see some of the installs.

PM me if you like to get in on the group buy.

1968 AMX 390 w/T5
Greyhounds_AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2019 at 12:20pm
Ok, we're gaining some traction, we've got three people on the list now for the super-duper PCV valve.

We just need 5 more!
1968 AMX 390 w/T5
Tarbaby View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2019 at 1:50pm
I’ll get on the list.
Frank Alarcon
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2019 at 5:45pm
P.M. sent..
73 Gremlin
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2019 at 6:09pm
That brings us to 6 now, we're almost there!

The PCV valve is 3/4" at the base where it goes into the grommet, and our manifolds use a 1" hole. I found that Trans Dapt shows a 0.75x1.0 PCV grommet part number 9760, but I can't tell how much thickness it'll accept. That might be the best way to do it.

Alternatively ME Wagner offers an interesting 1/2" nipple x 3/4" adapter piece that let's you use the stock 1/2" grommet and then run a short length of 3/4" rubber hose from the adapter to the PCV valve. You can make it any height you want that way. They don't include those in the 25% off deal though.

Something like this:

Edited by Greyhounds_AMX - Aug/13/2019 at 6:13pm
1968 AMX 390 w/T5
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2019 at 12:24pm

We're still working toward placing this group buy, we've got 7 people now. Keep in mind that I'm not selling these, and I don't make any $$ by organizing the group buy other than to save $29 or so on the purchase price just like everyone else does. 

Once we have enough people M/E Wagner will give us an order code and we can place our orders, and once they receive at least 8 orders they'll start shipping them.

Anyone else interested?

Edited by Greyhounds_AMX - Aug/21/2019 at 12:28pm
1968 AMX 390 w/T5
bob401 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2019 at 10:56pm
Does the AMC v8 with the factory baffle have the at least 3/8 inch recommended clearance?
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2019 at 12:13pm
Yes - it's on the order of 2" from the PCV grommet to the stock intake oil baffle.
1968 AMX 390 w/T5
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2019 at 12:33pm
I tried the previously mentioned Trans-Dapt grommet, and the thickness of the aluminum on the Air Gap where it engages the groove in the grommet is just a little too thick for the groove. It'd work, but it's not perfect.

But I did find a 3/4" grommet that fits nicely into the Air Gap at Home Depot. It's in the electrical department near the crimp connectors, and you get 3 of them for $1.19.

1968 AMX 390 w/T5
AMXFSTBK390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2019 at 3:41pm
Went to Home Depot today and the aisle helper and I could not find Tyco grommets. WE looked in the electrical Dept near the crimp connectors. He got on his hand-held store computer and the 3/4" grommets are in a large metal cabinet with drawers in the fastener aisle. Look for the drawer labelled grommets. The brand is EVERBILT ONE PER PACKAGE # 588 739. The groove in the grommet is ~1/8" and outside diameter 1-3/8"Curious about the groove width in the Tyco grommet. I ask because I have a  new AirGap intake and it was a bear getting the NAPA grommet to fit....doable but not ideal. Before I pull it out I'd like to know if the TYCO grommet groove width. Thanx.
The most powerful tool is the question.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic