TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Accelerator return spring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IowaTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accelerator return spring
    Posted: Jan/01/2019 at 12:49pm
Gang, I have somehow lost the return spring to my 'foot feed' - as Dad used to call it.  The carb will not nest on idle when I tap the accelerator and I don't remember seeing one along the linkage before making a carb swap.I do see an eyelet to attach one end, mounted on the firewall, and assume the other end hooks on the linkage to pull it back to idle.  

BTW, Pacerman Joe was kind enough to sell me a Carter AS core I rebuilt.  Works good 'cept for this.
Leon Richard View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon Richard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2019 at 11:30pm
I bought a variety pack of return springs. I think I took the shortest one, and cut it down a bit more so it still gives tension even when closed. I too would like to find the proper spring, but for now this works.
Leon Richard
73 Gremlin X 258/auto

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/leon_richard/
IowaTom View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IowaTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2019 at 10:42am
Thanks, Leon!  
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2019 at 7:48pm
Most hardware stores have a big selection of springs. Sure you can find something there.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic