TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

!974 Javelin Seat Track Springs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bbjj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: !974 Javelin Seat Track Springs
    Posted: Jul/29/2018 at 5:14pm
Finally had seats upholstered and am putting them back on. I took out the seat racks and painted them and bolted them back on.

The issue I have is how do the big springs attach to the tracks ??? After some research I was able to ascertain that they attach to the rail somehow. I think I figured out that it attaches to the notch on the front  side with the handle that moves the seats, but not sure where it attaches to the back.

If someone has some pictures of them attached and give me more details would be appreciated. 

Thanks
Ben
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2018 at 6:13pm
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
Bbjj01 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bbjj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2018 at 7:26pm
Thanks for the pictures but I have question - are these seat tracks for 1971 and prior? Mine don't have that bar by the nut for me to hook the springs too?? I know that my are original and when I pulled them did not have those bars.

So do those bars come with all the seat tracks from 71 thru 74 ???  if so then I guess I need to find two for my seats.

Thanks
ben
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2018 at 8:12pm
Yes they are 71, but may not fit prior unless late 70. My late 73 had the same type of tracks, but I never got down to checking details such as you point out in your question.

Not sure exactly on what you mean by bar... There are nuts up and down on the tracks. No bars that I am aware of. Unless you are talking about next to the spring end. That is no bar. It is the mount that is welded to the bottom back side of the track. Maybe 74 has a different shape. Donno, as you have pointed out the tracks are different, in that respect.

I assume 74 large car tracks are the same, maybe 401MatCoupe can explain better on your question.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2018 at 10:02pm
1974 Javelin seat tracks.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
Bbjj01 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bbjj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2018 at 9:13am
Thanks 304-dude, mine don't look like yours but they do look like pit-crew

I can see that the spring is attached to the end where there is a notch, but how and where is it attached to on the other end . Can't tell if it's a screw or what ???

Thanks Guys

Ben
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2018 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Bbjj01 Bbjj01 wrote:

I can see that the spring is attached to the end where there is a notch, but how and where is it attached to on the other end . Can't tell if it's a screw or what ???
That picture was taken about 7 years ago so I can't be 100% sure, 7 years does a lot to the brain, but I think the end you are interested in is hooked to the seat frame. I will check the 71 in the shop right now as I think it is the same seat track design as the 74. If not I will have access to a 74 this Saturday and I can confirm it for sure then.

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2018 at 10:24pm
Looked at a 72 Javelin today and the end of the spring is hooked to the seat frame. The 71 I looked at has that little wing thing like the picture 304-dude posted. I'll still check the 74 this weekend.

Bbjj01 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bbjj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2018 at 11:52pm
Thanks pit crew that is awesome - I have found some pictures and know the hook to the side of the handle but have no clue where they hood to the end side.

Thanks again for your help

Ben
Bbjj01 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bbjj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2018 at 11:47pm

Am putting down my findings in case someone else needs to know how to install the big spring on 1973-1974 seat tracks.

One end the long one goes on the notch on the front of the bottom rail - the other end hooks on the the seat frame.  You will see the front has two holes one for the bolt and the other for the spring.

Ben
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic