TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Jeeps and Eagle 4x4 fun.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

78 dj5g project. A few questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 78 dj5g project. A few questions
    Posted: Mar/12/2017 at 1:15am
I recently picked up a 78 dj5g with the audi 4 cyl engine. A strange and intriguing lil beast. Having some trouble locating a replacement fuel tank for it. I could be wrong, mind you, but it appears to be a 10 gallon tank. If i cannot find a new 10 gallon for it, will it fit a 15? Also need to replace the mechanical fuel pump for it. Considering switching to a simple in line electric pump, as the only replacement i have found is expensive, and out of state. Appreciate any suggestions you may have.
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2017 at 9:52am
The DJ is based on the CJ. A lot of parts cross over. I believe the CJ5 tank of the same year was 13 gallon, my 77 CJ7 was. Can't help you on the Audi fuel pump. I'm sure an electric that does no more than 6-7 PSI should work. I'd add a regulator if it needs a lower pressure.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
DaemonForce View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaemonForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2017 at 12:32pm
I would find an Eagle tank and strap that beast into place. Tyranny of fuel equation? What's that? This is made for distance!
Bosco View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2017 at 5:32pm
Thankyou, fellas. I will see if a 13 gallon tank is any easier to find than a 10. Lol
SCRAGTOP View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCRAGTOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2017 at 8:42am
weird project... Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic