TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

76 Pacer missing parking brake lever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjaakslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2015 at 10:42am
You can upload pictures through the 'member control panel', then 'file manager'. 

I think the type of master cylinder is not much of a problem, as long as it works. My Pacer had a manual brakes master cylinder on it, though the car has front discs. After the master cylinder broke down after a while, I put on the 'correct'one, meant for discs. 

The previous owner build the car out of probably 3 different Pacers, the brake system being 75/76, the rest of the car mainly 78. That gives me a hard time finding the correct parts, if I don't know what year that part of the car is...

I would think it shouldn't be that hard finding your part, as long as you know what year it's from. 
mantonas View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mantonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2015 at 11:35am
I was looking at the scans from the parts book and I realized that I don't understand something. Some model years are listed with a slash after it, some aren't, and some are listed as two years with a slash between. what does that mean?
sjaakslinger View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjaakslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2015 at 9:08am
Sorry, don't know. I think a picture of the part you need would help a lot tracking it down. Part numbers rarely pop up on the internet is my experience. Something else, just curious, how is your Pacer otherwise? Does it run?

Dennis
mantonas View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mantonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2015 at 8:01pm
Well, I found the part! I contacted Doug at American Parts Depot and I bought the part today. I also ordered a bunch of other brake parts and other parts from Rockauto and Amazon. I'll post again when I get it. Thanks for everyone's input.
sjaakslinger View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjaakslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2015 at 5:10am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic