TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

74 amx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austinsamx74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 74 amx
    Posted: Nov/11/2016 at 11:13am
I just got a 74 amx as my first amc project. Its a p code car with a go package and seems too be a factory plum color under the black paint. Car has been sitting for 20 years and 360 is locked up i would load pics but cant seem too figure out how too paste
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2016 at 11:43am
Keep posting here... once you get 30 posts, you can use the image upload. Some peeps use photo bucket or some other online image source, though I have blockers setup for some of them and some other peeps may as well.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
austinsamx74 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austinsamx74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2016 at 5:38pm
content://media/external/file/237
hitman33dp View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2016 at 11:12pm
Use this to tell us the story of how the car came into your possession and that will help you get to your 30 posts in order to be able to post pics. It won't take long to get there if you are active and look around the site and comment on others also. Most of us really enjoy reading about the stories of how you came get your car and/or what made you choose AMC?
74 "NOT A REAL AMX" Javelin / 2 x 74 Javelins / 71 Javelin SST
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2016 at 6:56pm
Hi Austin,

Sounds like a great project! How much work does your car need or should I say what plans do you have with it? I live in Pa. also if I can help in anyway I would be happy to.

Buster
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austinsamx74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2016 at 9:32pm
Ok i first saw a 71 amx siting in a junkyard when i was 15 im now 30 me and ny firends had no idea what it was so i did some research and came too realise what in fact it was. I liked it it was different but all my ford and chevy talked me out of getting one because of parts being hard too find. But after owning many fords chevys and even mopars i got the itch agian but for something different i ran it by my wife she also loved the looks of the car so i narrowed my search down too a 73 or 74 javelin aafter looking at serveral cars over 3 years i got this one.
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austinsamx74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2016 at 9:48pm
I was looking at craiglist and spotted this one up for sale in gettysburg about 2 hour drive not horrible. Called about it guy said it was his moms car she got it back in 81 and had been sitting fot 20 years under a tarp because it had a timing issue and forgotten. His mom had passed away and he was delling off the estate and the car must go. So i go fearing the worst but was surprised with a pretty soild car had some surface rust on roof but not bad doors not bad frame rails soild but does need front pans and lower quarters. But after a closer look being a body man by trade no one has been in the quarters doors etc. What i mean is no old bondo. I thought this is a great start dont have too fix someone esles bondo work .the guy showed me a old pic of the car when his mom got it in the 80s car is completly black and looked great. I did notice that now the roof was in primer not sure why dont spot any filter areas just sutface rust
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austinsamx74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2016 at 9:55pm
Scene one. Well i do have my work cut ouy for me my plans for the car would be a cruiser but also one i could take to the drag strip. I think i will stick with a 360 since 401s cost $$$$ i think i may paint it its orginal color plum its different. Anyone run a overdrive trans in these ?? Ive seen adapter for chevy trans 700r4. 200r4 ? I wouldbe happy running a 13 or 12 sec pass. Can a amc rear handle that ??
69BBB3904spAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69BBB3904spAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2016 at 10:13pm
Smile As you have probably noticed, you need to post on other topics besides this one to increase your points
37 Ford Tudor 60 hp V8 flathead, all original, never restored
69BBB3904spAMX
70 Camaro 1st car
74 Hornet Hatch 6 cyl floor/auto
2007,2008,2009 PT Cruisers
Aluminum Deck Car Trailer
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austinsamx74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2016 at 8:45pm
Working on it got like 22 posts sofar

Edited by austinsamx74 - Nov/15/2016 at 6:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic