TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

'74 AMX "Steve," the re-build begins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3250man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2019 at 12:08pm
Yeah, I read his entire thread a while back. Awesome work. I'm probably somewhere in the middle of the spectrum and I don't think mine is that far gone. Haven't welded since high school (over 40 years ago) and I've got a buddy that's certified welder that going to QA my work. If it's major, he's stepping in. I'm a former military aircraft electrician, so I think I've got that taken care of. Build sheet is no where to be found. Good thing is the stainless trim is darn near all accounted for and in good shape. 
3250man View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3250man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2019 at 12:03am
Found this when I was taking the interior apart. Inside the glovebox door. Made me sit back and think about the crazy stuff that happened in my prior AMX.  Gonna' keep it for nostalgia.
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2019 at 7:23am
Looks like you and "Steve" are in for an adventure.......Wink

I have started with worse looking projects. Looking forward to your project and progress. You will be a picture taking and posting expert in a couple of weeks. Do all you can yourself, you will enjoy the ride better when you're done. 

Remember, the whole deal is to have "AMC FUN" !!!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- The Rambler
1974 Postal Jeep -- Rapid Delivery
1983 Concord DL. Organ Donor for "The 69"
1969 Rambler 220 post car."The 69" Present Project
3250man View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3250man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2019 at 11:44am
Thanks Ollie.

By the way: I also found a small mini-wallet pic of (possibly) the young lady, who's name is written on the glovebox door. It was under the console. 

Also gathered a total of 87 cents - start of the body work fund  .  .  .

3250man View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3250man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 5:21pm
I don't' think some gas n new plugs will bring this back to life.

Got a little cancer and rust to deal with. Found a panel on Ebay, not sure the price where it should be.

Front end is off. Couldn't get the bumper unbolted, so I had take off the supports.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic