TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

73 Matador Wagon/75 Gremlin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 24>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormogdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2018 at 2:56pm

Traded for this amc v8 today with a 3speed ..
Don't know if it's a 290 or a 304 yet..

Will pick it up next weekend
Stormogdis View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormogdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2018 at 5:37pm

Got the v8 crossmember in, and cleand up some wires
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormogdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2018 at 12:39pm

Mounting brackets and struggle with the CRT Preformance distributor today
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormogdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2018 at 1:35pm

Got the 360 in the Matador today, only problem is the transmition xmember, looks like the engine is sitting longer to the front and the trans won't sit in the xmember, so i guess i will need a longer driveshaft
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormogdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2018 at 1:41pm

Bought another Hornet
Will bring it home within the next 2 weeks
258/904 car
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormogdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2018 at 2:02am

Got my headers
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormogdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2018 at 9:35am
blk69stang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blk69stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2018 at 5:31pm
If you don't mind my asking, how was the power and fuel economy with the 258? I recently picked up a '78 Matador Wagon that has a 304 in it, and I'm looking to use it as a beater/commuter car. I have toyed with the idea of swapping in a 258 to get maximum fuel economy, but I'm not sure if it will be worth it vs the 304, especially since I live in the western US where speed limits are pretty high (75 mph in places). Did you get any highway driving experience with the six before you started the swap? I'd love any insight.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormogdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2018 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by blk69stang blk69stang wrote:

If you don't mind my asking, how was the power and fuel economy with the 258? I recently picked up a '78 Matador Wagon that has a 304 in it, and I'm looking to use it as a beater/commuter car. I have toyed with the idea of swapping in a 258 to get maximum fuel economy, but I'm not sure if it will be worth it vs the 304, especially since I live in the western US where speed limits are pretty high (75 mph in places). Did you get any highway driving experience with the six before you started the swap? I'd love any insight.

I did not use the car alot with the 258, but i would guess it uses about 1 litre/ 10km .. think that is about 23mpg
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormogdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2018 at 5:56am

Think a 3speed 290/304 Hornet would be cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 24>
  Share Topic