TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > AMC Cars For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

73 MATADOR 304 sedan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyRebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 73 MATADOR 304 sedan
    Posted: Nov/09/2018 at 12:46pm

This car is not being sold by me. I checked it out yesterday because it is nearby, but determined it wasn't what I was looking for. Here is a link to the Craigslist ad. https://smd.craigslist.org/cto/d/amc-matador/6724567261.html  If that doesn't work the phone number is 301.645.7506, ask for Diane or Warren. 

The car is in Waldorf Md. It's a 73 Matador 4dr. sedan with a 304 V8, AT, PS, PB, and AC. The color is Olympic blue ( a very pretty shade in my opinion. ) It has individual reclining seats in what appears to be the original vinyl. The vinyl and foam is a tired but whole. The dash pad has no cracks, but some discoloration on the drivers side. The odometer reads 87k.  The door panels appear undamaged, but again the material is no doubt well aged. Carpet is crying for replacement. The car has not run in two years. I was unable to attempt to turn the engine by hand as I could not get the hood to open more than 45 degrees or so. The hinges are very stiff. The main thing that turned me off was the rust holes about the size of a grapefruit on either side of the inner fender troughs underhood. I have seen this damage repaired successfully on other cars, but it puts it outside the box for me. ( I'm looking for a driver ). The rest of the body seems good to fair. The rear wheel arches and spots on the quarters and rockers have been sanded, and primed, with a skim coat of bondo, but there seems to be solid metal underneath. ( we all know that bondo repairs rust right?...yeah ) The trunk floor seems solid. The gutters on either side show some rust, but were hard to evaluate in the poor light of a cloudy day. I was able to get underneath the RF floorboard and it looked good, but could not see the LF or rear. 
  In my opinion it's a very restorable car, for someone whose lower back is younger than mine. They are asking $950.00
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic