TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

73 Hornet winter project.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2018 at 10:32am
Today was dyno day.

I have a video if I can ever figure out how to post it here.

Best out of three pulls was WHP 276 and WTQ 352.

With a Performer intake, a Performer Plus cam, and free flows I can't complain at all. The Holley Sniper was just about dead on the money. Just a few minor tweaks on the timing and she was good to go. Color me happy.

Edited by pit crew - Jun/22/2018 at 10:35am

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
Red20 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2018 at 10:55am
Not bad at all. I’d be interested to know what it wanted for timing.
1969 Javelin SST "Screamin' Banana" - Totaled Feb 2018
1973 Hornet Sportabout X "yellajack" - 360/727/TracLoc DAILY DRIVER
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2018 at 12:48pm
Sweet that's all on my wish list for someday. But the big question is, what is next on yours!!
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2018 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Red20 Red20 wrote:

Not bad at all. I’d be interested to know what it wanted for timing.
I did not look before putting it back in the storage unit. The next time I take it out I'll have to plug in the programmer and see what it ended up with.

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Scene One Scene One wrote:

Sweet that's all on my wish list for someday. But the big question is, what is next on yours!!
I have some small issues to address. The fuel gauge stopped working last year so I have to dig in to that. I have a driver side remote mirror to install. I am not happy with the inside of the trunk. It needs a fresh coat of splatter paint. Most of all I would like to get new foam in the front seat and have it recovered.

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2018 at 9:40pm
Did manage to pull a picture off the video.

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2018 at 12:52pm
Another minor tweak to the Hornet today. I did not realize that the linkage from the primaries to the secondaries on the Sniper were set up with a 1:1 lockstep ratio. As soon as the primaries would start to open so would the secondaries. For street use it was coming on a bit too strong from a stop. Too easy to chirp the tires and get the attention of the local police.

I picked up a Holley progressive carburetor linkage and set it for 35% on the primaries before the secondaries start to open. What a difference that made. The Hornet now has very nice street manners until you hit the 35% mark at which point she becomes a little beast. One of the best modifications I have made so far.

If your thinking about the Sniper for street use then I suggest you think about do the progressive linkage too. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
  Share Topic