TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

73 AMX SPANISH RESTORATION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PABLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2019 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by 304-dude 304-dude wrote:

Originally posted by gremlin1945 gremlin1945 wrote:

Originally posted by 304-dude 304-dude wrote:

Originally posted by PABLO PABLO wrote:

Hi,
No, I use the leather i have on hand,  this case was leather i bouth in a street market i think it came from a shoe factory. I have another post with more photos in it if you want to check it look for 1973 JAVELIN CENTER CONSOLE 
I´m not a expert, but i did a few works like this on the car and the center console was the most dificult because of it´s shape, but the result is very good.
If you are thinking on doing it let me know and i´ll give you all the support i can.
bye

Pablo, I think you missed the jest on an old 80s Dodge commercial with Ricardo Montalban. He was selling the Chrysler Cordoba, and its finer refinements, one being "fine corinthian leather". Its been a long standing joke here in the states. At least you did not do your leather work in genuine imitation leatherette. Ha!

I think it all started around 1975 or 1977, though i remember it more being used in ads in the early 80s

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog/cc-tv/cc-tv-the-chrysler-commercials-of-ricardo-montalban/

I prefer Salamanca vinyl myself.

Just a note of my first acquisition of a classic... my 65 Riviera, which was an estate sale, soon after the original owner died. It must have been stored away for some time to allow the natural smell to restablish is self inside. A smell i have not had to experience since I was a child, and recognized so well... Nagahyde

Hi, 
I had to find what was Naugahyde. Good blest GOOGLE. Smile
I didn´t were born by that time.
But for sure that  It smell strong to a sort of disolvents.
1973 JAVELIN AMX 360 AUTO
1973 DODGE 3700 GT (built in Spain)
SPAIN (EUROPE)
PABLO View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PABLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2019 at 3:52pm
Hi, I need a bit of help 
I´m working on the gearbox, wich isn´t working properly.  I think one of the problems could came from my throttle linkage wich it isn´t right .
A photo of mine

for what i see on the web, it sould be like this;

To be able to duplicate it I need help to get the measuments. Here is a photo of what i need

thanks very very very much to anyone that could complete it.

Bye.
SPAIN (EUROPE)
PABLO View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PABLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2019 at 12:19pm
Hi
401Jim send me over a full throttle linkage (thanks again Jim) 
with all the data I make this summary. I hope it will help someone else on the future. 

As you can see this one seems had been modified, It had no tail. I take the mesurements of the holes P,Q and R but I think they are no originals. it came asembly in the Q hole when it arrive.

SPAIN (EUROPE)
PABLO View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PABLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2019 at 12:29pm
Up date;

I did paint the inside of the wheels in black

And started with the hood 

bye 
SPAIN (EUROPE)
PABLO View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PABLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2019 at 9:37am
Just painted, It looks much better!

SPAIN (EUROPE)
Mostly last. View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2019 at 4:17pm
Neat job.
Thanks for posting.
Great to read about AMC vehicles outside the USA.
I reckon you would have the same wait for parts we do in Australia.
69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
PABLO View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PABLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2019 at 2:37am
Hi,
you are right. But the wait is not the worst. The mayor problem is the cost. To get over a small box is going to be like 40 to 90$ of transport fee, but when it arrive I have to pay another 20 $ for the border cross plus the tax of about 20% of the value. 
that make any spare spensive!

SPAIN (EUROPE)
PABLO View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PABLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2019 at 3:46pm
I did a template in paper first. Then I used to do one template in cardboard for better fitting. It took a lot of work mount it on place several times to do it littel bit by littel bit. 

When it fit properly I transfered it to what we call  DM (Medium Density), wich is a strong cardboard of 3 mm thick.
It looks very nice, but it need a bit of fitting on place, because it makes contact on some places. 

bye 
SPAIN (EUROPE)
PABLO View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PABLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2019 at 1:55pm
Hi, 
The hood is redy !
I did some final modifications and a  new hard cardboard. After prime it looks good 

I´did paint it on the same black color to finish

It looks very nice.
I keep the template. If any one wants to do the same job I can send a copy for free, only pay the cost of the post.Just send me a private message. With the template it is a easy job, you can do it without removing the hood. 
bye 

SPAIN (EUROPE)
PABLO View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PABLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2019 at 1:49am
Hi, 
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DAY !!!
I´m a happy boy.Big smile My car has passed the tecnical inspection (what en england cold MOT) and is road legal.
After fiting the new throttle linkcage the gearbox works much better. It need a bit more of attention but the difference is big. It will need more work and adjustment.

Thanks again to all of you an in special to JIM

SPAIN (EUROPE)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic