TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

73 AMX SPANISH RESTORATION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PABLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 73 AMX SPANISH RESTORATION
    Posted: Nov/22/2017 at 11:16am
HI to every one.

I´m working on my 1973 Javelin AMX. 
I´ll be glad to hear any sugestions or advice.
right now I´m working in the center console and on the automatic gear box.
The center console was looking old and with a few holes and a cuple of cracks, becose of that I´ll cover it in leather. 
The gear box has the valve body broken. I have bought a use part in ebay I´m waitting for it to arrive to be able of continue the job

1973 JAVELIN AMX 360 AUTO
1973 DODGE 3700 GT (built in Spain)
SPAIN (EUROPE)
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2017 at 1:25pm
Whats your interiour coulor? 
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
68-73 amx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68-73 amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2017 at 9:55pm
Looks like black with what I believe was called Imperial white front and back seat. I believe it was somewhat a special order combo only available in 1973. I've never seen white on blue, but I know it came white on Vineyard burgany cause thats the combo that I have. I would really like to see your door tag if possible. Good luck with it,  lots of good help here. What your plans with it? It looks to be in good shape. More pics please.

Edited by 68-73 amx - Nov/23/2017 at 10:13pm
PABLO View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PABLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2017 at 3:03am
Hi,
The interior is black. The color of the car originaly was metalic green.
The car is in a very good shape, no rust whatsoever. I´m retoring it with intention of selling it. The fact is that I want become a semi-profesional restorer. If everythink goes well in 6 years time I´ll be retaired from my actual job with a mensual income and only 53 years old !! because of that I need to finish this car and sell it to make space for a new one and to show myself that it is posible make some extra money 
I have got the car for long time, I bougth it just before to get married, but by the time the mecanic finish to restore it I have to push it aside and put my money on the hose bulding and after in my to daugthers.
Now i have more time and I have started to restore it myself and find out that when you do thing with love and care they come out better than the "profesionals", I´m realy impress of what I did so far. That help me to continue. 
I have a few photos on other post "help center console"  in the interior section. I´ll make a few more and post them here.
SPAIN (EUROPE)
PABLO View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PABLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2018 at 11:48am
finish ! 
I just finish to put together the gear box, and it works. The car moves forward and backwads. I hope to be able to try it on the road in a few days. 
SPAIN (EUROPE)
PABLO View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PABLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2018 at 2:11pm
I have to do some extra work before to road test the transmision. The rear break drum cylinders are toasted....

SPAIN (EUROPE)
81eagle88 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81eagle88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2018 at 2:50pm
Pablo;
The Jav looks good, good luck on the restoration.......
PABLO View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PABLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2018 at 8:05am
The brake repairs are taking longer than spected. The rear ones are fixed after change the cylinders and one stud. But anfter a sort road test has come up a problem with the front calipers, they are stuck.

SPAIN (EUROPE)
7Xpacemaker View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7Xpacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2018 at 8:22am
order the caliper rebuild kits from rockauto.com.....
C.J.

1981 AMC Concord
1977 AMC Hornet AMX
2001 Firebird Convertible LS1
1978 AMC Concord
1982 AMC Spirit GT
1974 AMC Hornet

maximus7001 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maximus7001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2018 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by PABLO PABLO wrote:

The brake repairs are taking longer than spected. The rear ones are fixed after change the cylinders and one stud. But anfter a sort road test has come up a problem with the front calipers, they are stuck.

Also change the 3 rubber brake hoses. They fail inside. And also are just generally unsafe at that age.
1968 Javelin SST

1997 GMC Safari AWD

2001 Daewoo Nubira SX (Winnipeg only model)

1997 Honda Accord EX (Canadian Model)

Winnipeg, home of the Jets.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic