TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

727 Fill Level

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 727 Fill Level
    Posted: Jul/25/2017 at 8:50pm
Anyone know how high the fill level on the 727 transmission dipstick is compared to the top of the trans pan? I'm wondering if the fill level is higher than the pan. I'm betting it is but don't know how much higher.

Thanks,
-Steve-

shootist View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2017 at 9:13pm
On the 727 the fill level actually comes up into the dipstick tube about 1/2-1" That is the main thing I dislike about the 727 It is a ton of fun trying to get the thing full without overfilling. I can only say go slow when you are adding fluid. 
Rebel Machine View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2017 at 6:43am
Originally posted by shootist shootist wrote:

On the 727 the fill level actually comes up into the dipstick tube about 1/2-1" That is the main thing I dislike about the 727 It is a ton of fun trying to get the thing full without overfilling. I can only say go slow when you are adding fluid. 

Thanks for confirming that. I've got the Lokar flexible tube on my AMX and it's never sealed correctly. Gotta use gobs of RTV to keep it from leaking.

-Steve-

Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2017 at 7:21am
I would certainly contact Lokar as they make quality stuff.

One trick I have learned is to put 2 "O" rings on a stock fill tube and really "knock" it in the hole. Helps to put a piece of wood over the tube while "knocking"

Having a AMC BLAST in Kenosha,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic