TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

72 Matador locks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 72 Matador locks
    Posted: Dec/02/2017 at 9:13pm
Anyone know of a supplier for door and ignition barrel locks? feebay seems the expensive option some i am wondering if anyone knows of US suppliers that mail to Australia. TIA
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2017 at 9:46pm
Here is my understanding about the big Feebay seller of AMC locks:   He bought the remaining inventory of the Briggs and Stratton lock business and his prices have been steadily increasing over the past few years because I guess people keep paying his prices.  I think it is usury but what are you gonna do?  Also, his customer service sucks as far as I am concerned.  I bought door locks for a 65 American from him.  The 65's had I think the last use of the small outside lock guillotine door.  AMC  went to a larger exterior disk in 1966. He sent me the 66-later design.  When I complained, he just basically said T...S.   .  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
Jamie Collins View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2017 at 9:55pm
Joe That's the feeling I get $30+ US for postage is rich given the size and weight then there is the purchase price Ouch  from my question in the Oz section I got put onto Rock Auto prices are better but no door locks I was hoping someone out there might know of a supplier that has the lot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic