TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 71-74 Jav Window guide Bushings "No More Wobble"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

71-74 Jav Window guide Bushings "No More Wobble"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 24>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2018 at 7:37am
Put Pacerman on your list too, please.
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2018 at 2:22pm
Coming soon, On the table to be cut today hopefully. Sorry for the delay.

B.P.
AMXAL View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2018 at 10:15pm
I messaged you back on Feb. 9th for a set..are things looking good?

Al
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2018 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Scene One Scene One wrote:

Coming soon, On the table to be cut today hopefully. Sorry for the delay.

B.P.

When someone is doing us such a favor it's awfully hard to be upset with delays!
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2018 at 8:36pm
Ok I have the first batch cut. When we went to cut them we found that the 1 1/4" material was cupped so we first machined it flat. So overall height ended up being 1 inch. We also increased the hole Dim. by a we bit because after trying a couple different rods which varied in diameter a little bit we increased the hole size to .76 now there should be no need to sand or polish anything to install. Each set will include the wear pads in the previous photo also, 3 pieces per door I currently have enough for 10 cars. I will go back through the thread and try to reach out through PM. I ordered more material yesterday but won't receive it for about a week then I will do my best to get them cut as soon as possible. The ones I have cut now I will try and send out to the first people who expressed interest. I will contact everyone with pricing and shipping cost. I don't want to break any forum rules so when I get it figured out will probably post pricing in new product section or for sale section unless moderators allow it to be posted here. Again sorry for the delay. Oh also butter fingers that I am I accidentally today erased all my PM. tonight so if you sent me anything pertaining to this or anything else I lost it sorry.

Kind regards

Buster Pile
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2018 at 8:51am
Great news, thank you for your work on this Buster!
AMO Newsletter Editor
AMXAL View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2018 at 11:26am
Buster,

PM sent
AmeriMan View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmeriMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2018 at 1:50pm
I would like a set. Will PM you.

larue390@comcast.net
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2018 at 2:01pm
Buster, these look fantastic!! Thanks so much for making these! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2018 at 9:25pm
Just a hint or tip on using these parts (which are excellent, by the way)  
In the picture below, I suggest using a file, whatever, to round the edges a bit to get the piece to fit down into the bracket - otherwise the squared edges will hit the radius of the bracket and hold it off from the bracket a bit in the middle and then riveting or bolting it in will or may warp or bend the middle in as the edges will be held up by the radius of the metal bracket.
Hope that makes sense - easier to see than to explain what I mean - if you leave it squared on the edges shown, it won't fit all the way flat against the metal piece - (ok, so a minute amount, but enough......it bothered me, ok? LOL)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 24>
  Share Topic