TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

71 "Mean Green" AMX update.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2014 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Hurst390 Hurst390 wrote:

Permatex 21425 epoxy is what I use..
Thanks Jim. Just what I needed. This is not going to be a screaming drag machine but we do want to salvage the AMC numbered R4B and still have it run half way decent.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2014 at 6:10pm
Just a quick note for tonight. Mike dropped by the shop and we discussed at length a number of options as far as the manifold issue goes. As of tonight our spare Torker is on the way to the powdercoaters and Mike will put the R4B in storage for future repair and reuse. So the Mean Green project car will get a Torker. 

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2014 at 7:47pm
We are still on hold until the Torker manifold comes back from the powder coater. While we are waiting it seemed like a good time to prank Mike. We took a crossram manifold with a couple of spare carbs and took this picture. We then text it to Mike and told him we could make him a real deal. He did not go for it. But it sure looked good.

Edited by pit crew - Oct/06/2017 at 1:52pm

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2014 at 9:09pm
Port matching the new Torker manifold.

Edited by pit crew - Oct/06/2017 at 1:53pm

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2014 at 7:19pm
The Torker is on and the rockers are all adjusted. Bad news is the fuel line does not quite line up now as the carburetor sits on a slight angle with the Torker. Time to bend up a new fuel line tomorrow. A few more items to address and we may be able to fire it tomorrow.

It looks pretty sweet with the aluminum heads and the powder coated intake. Yet more bling.

Edited by pit crew - Oct/06/2017 at 1:53pm

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2014 at 3:20pm
All done for now. Ready to go back home. With the new Edlebrock heads and Torker manifold the engine has a very sweet but nasty tone to it. The new Keisler SS700 checked out fine. Looks like it is ready for this years cruise season. We should be seeing it back in the fall for the installation of the Control Freak 4 link rear suspension.

Edited by pit crew - Oct/06/2017 at 1:54pm

Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2014 at 8:01pm
Amazing work, it looks absolutely fantastic. I couldn't help but notice the oil filler tube and cap. Where could I find something like that? if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks Buster
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2014 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Scene One Scene One wrote:

Amazing work, it looks absolutely fantastic. I couldn't help but notice the oil filler tube and cap. Where could I find something like that? if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks Buster
Thank you Buster. We are quite pleased with how the car is shaping up. The tube and cap are Bulltear products. Just click the link below.

http://www.bulltear.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_35&products_id=187

Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2014 at 8:44pm
Thanks Ken, I will be ordering a set this week!
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2014 at 8:30pm
Stopped by the Cleveland Auto show today and walked through the "classic" car display. Look what was there. I was surprised at how many people took the time to stop and look.

Edited by pit crew - Oct/06/2017 at 1:55pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>
  Share Topic