TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

71 "Mean Green" AMX update.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 71 "Mean Green" AMX update.
    Posted: Dec/27/2012 at 9:16am
Ok, another new project starts. Here is what is in store for this really sweet AMX. Control Freak IFS with power rack, Control Freak 4 link rear suspension, 3 inch polished stainless steel custom exhaust, Wilwood disc brakes at all four corners, the Berry Allen built engine will be opened for inspection, and a long punch list of smaller items will be attended to. Stay tuned.

Edited by pit crew - Oct/05/2017 at 7:15am

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
Fluffy73 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fluffy73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2012 at 9:44am
Wow, is that "Special Order" Rallye Green??  Gorgeous colour!  I wouldn't be messing with that car if it were mine.
I am genetically incapable of being Politically Correct.
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2012 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Fluffy73 Fluffy73 wrote:

Wow, is that "Special Order" Rallye Green??  Gorgeous colour!  I wouldn't be messing with that car if it were mine.
Not 100% sure. The door tag shows B7A for the paint code. I'll ask Mike when he get's here tonight.

73sprjeep View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73sprjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2012 at 4:06pm
Super NICE humpster!
73 superjeep 71 hornet 70 javelin. All long gone and sadly missed.
JavelinManJohn View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JavelinManJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2012 at 5:11pm

It looks like "Brilliant Green Metallic", same as my 71 AMX.

Too many projects!
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2012 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by JavelinManJohn JavelinManJohn wrote:

It looks like "Brilliant Green Metallic", same as my 71 AMX.

Ding! Ding! Ding! And we have a winnner. You are correct. I asked Mike tonight and he confirmed that it is in fact Brilliant Green Metallic.

4spd_74amx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4spd_74amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2012 at 7:13pm
Is that the car Bob Webb built a few years ago?
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2012 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by 4spd_74amx 4spd_74amx wrote:

Is that the car Bob Webb built a few years ago?
I can't say for sure. The current owner, Mike, would have to say. I know it made the rounds on Ebay about a year or so ago and I think that may have been where Mike pick it up.

green71AMX View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green71AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2012 at 8:19pm
Yes. It is.
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2012 at 8:49pm
And so it begins. The Control Freak hardware should be arriving shortly after the first of the year. In preparation the current front suspension is bring striped and stored for future use.

Since the engine is coming out, both to accommodate the installation of the new CF IFS and for investigation of what appears to be excessive blow by, the grill has been removed and placed in a safe place. The bumper was taped to protect it from scratching and padding was placed on the top of the front spoiler since we had to loosen the bumper brackets to remove the grill.

Mike has been putting in sweat equity like there is no tomorrow. At this rate we will have the work done in no time flat. Well, almost no time flat. We have a lot of work on our hands between this project and the Little Red project.

Edited by pit crew - Oct/05/2017 at 7:19am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic