TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

71 AMX 3rd time is a charm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shannock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2018 at 5:46am
Hi Buster, PM sent.
Tom Davies
Rhode Island
1971 Javelin SST
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2018 at 10:10am
Well Exhaust fabricated and installed. For the most part it went rather well the kit I bought had all the pipes I needed to complete the job. Other than the clamps, mufflers, and hangers which I also purchased from Summit. The cutting and fitting went fairly smooth with the exception of needing and extra hand from time to time. I used a few apple boxes, clamps and jack stands. I even got my wife under the car to help    but she was a bit of a distraction . none the less it's off my list..
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2018 at 10:24am
Ooooo... Shiny....... Clap

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2018 at 10:28am
Coming out very nice... looks like you and Santiago are on the same page, even though you guys are world's apart.

One wee rant... I'd never use Jack stands extended that far. If I have to go that high, I'd be stacking blocks. Otherwise you know your safe limits, and I am only judging by what I can see.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2018 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by 304-dude 304-dude wrote:

Coming out very nice... looks like you and Santiago are on the same page, even though you guys are world's apart.

One wee rant... I'd never use Jack stands extended that far. If I have to go that high, I'd be stacking blocks. Otherwise you know your safe limits, and I am only judging by what I can see.

Thanks, Jack stands were only holding up pipes during the fitting process.
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2018 at 4:26pm
Very pretty, I'm guessing that was the distraction as well......

Where did you get the exhaust kit from? It looks like a winner !

70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2018 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by White70JavelinSST White70JavelinSST wrote:

Very pretty, I'm guessing that was the distraction as well......

Where did you get the exhaust kit from? It looks like a winner !

Summit racing Hot rod exhaust kit cutting and fitting required. Also exhaust was argon perged and tig welded.
AMXrated View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXrated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2018 at 8:20am
Wow--just read through your thread.  You are my new hero!  I don't do a lot of posting on the forum but after reading about your project, felt I needed to give you props for commitment and attention to detail.  Car looks amazing.  Well done.

Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2018 at 8:38pm
Thank you, I have to get around to posting some pictures one of these days. I am 99.9% done now just working out some bugs.

Thanks again for your kind words
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2018 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Scene One Scene One wrote:

Thank you, I have to get around to posting some pictures one of these days. I am 99.9% done now just working out some bugs.

Thanks again for your kind words
I was just about to say that it was time for an update. Wink

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>
  Share Topic