TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

71 AMX 3rd time is a charm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 20>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austinsamx74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2017 at 8:05pm
I gota check that car out sometime. Ill be going too gettysburg too check out the swap meets on friday and maybe sat depending on if i stay somewhere mainly depends on weather
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2017 at 8:11pm
We are not that far away from each other, your welcome to stop by anytime. I'd like to check out your project sometime. Warm weather is coming I may have to go for a bike ride down your way sometime.

B.
austinsamx74 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austinsamx74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2017 at 8:16pm
Sounds like a plan
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2017 at 10:17am
Wow!!  Never saw this thread until just now.  What an amazing job you did!!! 
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2017 at 10:24am
Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

Whoa! I am surprised, you missed out until now. I swear you have been in just about every thread. Well practically every thread. Ha!

Yep it is amazing what can be done. Knowing how to weld and some body work really makes a huge difference when setting on doing a build.

71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2017 at 11:09am
Thanks Guys. I really need to update this thread sometime, I have just been way to busy lately.

Thanks again
                      Buster
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2017 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by 304-dude 304-dude wrote:

Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

Whoa! I am surprised, you missed out until now. I swear you have been in just about every thread. Well practically every thread. Ha!

Yep it is amazing what can be done. Knowing how to weld and some body work really makes a huge difference when setting on doing a build.

I do probably need a life outside of my AMC addiction, lol.  I got over it for years, but now that I'm retired.... IT'S BACK!!
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

hitman33dp View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2017 at 11:28pm
Looking good Buster!
74 "NOT A REAL AMX" Javelin / 2 x 74 Javelins / 71 Javelin SST
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2017 at 4:12pm
Well it's been awhile since my last update, work and life gets in the way of getting much done on the car and otherwise. On the interior the AC box was disassembled cleaned and painted new gaskets made and the condenser pressure tested. No plan to install AC right away but while I'm at it prep as much as possible. I also disassembled cleaned, checked and tested the switch assembly of the dash but install will have to wait till I order carpet. I also disassembled cleaned and painted the rear quartet window assemblies. Changed out the seals and after putting them back together they work so smooth. They still have yet to be installed and adjusted but their on the big list On the outside most of the stainless was installed after I a little elbow grease. In the engine compartment a new radiator and shroud from Wizard Cooling was installed. Headers came next the fitment was good. Because of ease of access the clutch linkage and strut rod on the drivers side was left out till the steering column gets installed. It was disassembled cleaned and reassembled with new grease on the bearings and electrical grease on all connections.

Thanks again for following along.

Buster
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2017 at 6:43pm
Looking good Buster. I can't wait for you to drive it over to one of our events.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 20>
  Share Topic