TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

71 AMX 3rd time is a charm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 20>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2017 at 9:26pm
Well its update time. I blacked out around tail lights and back bumper then got them installed. Also worked on the chassis and steering box in front. After getting all that finished I splurged on wheels and tires. I decided to go with classic crager wheels for that old school look. I also got a few more things done in the engine compartment rebuilt the power steering pump and got it installed along with pulleys, alternator, fan and quite a few other things done. On the inside X-mat went down and also some bubble wrap insulation on the ceilings and doors and around the wheel wells. I began working on the doors cleaning and painting int. parts installed new felt on all the glass guides. Cleaned up the glass but needed to order new belt moldings before they can be installed. I've found that the doors can be very time consuming There also seems to be an endless list of small projects to many to list that need attention.
ScrambledEgg View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScrambledEgg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2017 at 5:14am
Car looks incredible. Even more incredible when looking where you started when you replaced the whole cars' skin.

Keep up the great work!
ScrambledEgg
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2017 at 7:58am
Looks great Buster. Can't wait for you to cruise on over this way to attend some events with it. Big smile

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
weramble View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weramble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2017 at 8:32pm
Nice work. Car is looking great.
MD Racer View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MD Racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2017 at 8:52pm
Where did you get your taillight and back up lenses ? I bought a new set back in 2004 at the AMO meet in Lansing but haven't found any new ones since. Keep up the good work, your car looks fantastic.
1971 Javelin
1971 Javelin SST
1971 Javelin AMX
70Javelin360 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Javelin360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2017 at 9:33pm
This is awesome!!! nice job!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2431219
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2017 at 12:18am
Originally posted by MD Racer MD Racer wrote:

Where did you get your taillight and back up lenses ? I bought a new set back in 2004 at the AMO meet in Lansing but haven't found any new ones since. Keep up the good work, your car looks fantastic.

The center backup I found here in Pa near Pittsburgh, brand new still in the original package. A real score I was very excited when I found it The red lenses. I polished with plastic polish and they turned out beautiful like brand new I was very pleased.

Ken, that will be great still have a long list of work to accomplish but there is light at the end the tunnel and that makes me excited to keep plowing ahead!

Thanks for all the responses
                             Buster
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2017 at 9:04pm
Great build, wow what an accomplishment! Clap
austinsamx74 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austinsamx74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2017 at 8:59pm
Wow! Car looks great !! From what you started with too now great build ! Love it. Are you going too make it too gettysburg ?
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2017 at 7:57pm
Thanks Austin and Brad, I am planning on being in Gettysburg, but not sure if my car will be ready by then.

Thanks Again
                  Buster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 20>
  Share Topic