TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

70 Rebel SST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc5fan1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2014 at 1:57pm
Yeah, the gauges I got don't quite fit in the space. It was a "way after" thought. If I had thought of it sooner I might have got smaller diameter gauges and put all 3 there. The 3rd gauge is just a volt gauge anyway. I am not too worried about that.
mc5fan1968 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc5fan1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2014 at 6:43am
I found an answer to the hesitant gear engagement on start up. The torque converter drains while the engine is shut down. Nobody has been able to tell me WHY this happens. The stock manual valve in the valve body does not allow pressure feed in PARK. The new style valve allows pressure feed in PARK. I need to get one. Cascade Transmissions response to my inquiry:

Hello Lee ,

Yes we stock the better manual valves , they are $21.88 - this one is from Superior and we have 94 in stock (not yet on the site)

they also come in many of the shift kits
Fyi- Mopar models all only have pump pressure when in Neutral or Drive

be sure to double check your front band adjustment on it as well

I welcome further questions

Robert J. Gaul Sr. 

Owner

Cascade Transmission Parts

www.CascadeTransmissionParts.com

Fax: 1.866.698.1406

therebelmachineguy View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therebelmachineguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2016 at 5:27pm
Your old school of thought has been left in the dust. Machines started rising in price with the market after I started promoting them to the performance magazines back in 1995. At that time a number 1 Machine was selling for $8,000 and was listed that way in the Auto Parts Price Catalogues. The photo they used was of Mickey Ziomkowski's Bitter Sweet Orange Machine. Even at that time there was a unrecognized distinction between stripes and solids. 

I accentuated that distinction in THE INTERNATIONAL REBEL MACHINE NEWSLETTER. The reason I was writing the newsletter was to help me identify owners of 25A (striped Red, White and Blue) Machines who needed stripe kits because I needed one myself. No one was selling stripe kits then. I needed ten orders to make up a run. The newsletter was the vehicle. 

The idea was that a striped Machine was inherently worth a grand more than a solid Machine. If it wasn't true before, it became true. Actually 25A owners paid more for their cars when they ticked the option for the stripe kits.

So my stories were geared to ensuring the magazines became hooked enough to start including Machines in their offerings. It worked. Machines started appearing in the magazines after a long hiatus and the extra publicity started driving Machine prices up as they should have been all along. 

The first Machine to sell for over 20 grand was when Nick Patterson bought the Anderson Rebel from a concert Promoter here in Canada. It was at the time considered the best known example of a 25A car. Rich Miller's Morrocan Brown Machine was an unrestored 8,000 mile car and still not worth anywhere near the same price. It was also mostly unknown to the world since only his friends knew he had it.

Before that I stated publicly that it would happen and I got jumped on by all the AMC bullies of the day for saying so. But I had the last laugh less than two months later. The value of Machines is going to rise some more because I and others are going to start publicizing them again. 

From the mid-nineties the prices kept rising in step with the value of money. The value of money was going down. 

So really the real value of Machines has remained static since day one practically while the value of money has steadily decreased. A soft drink cost ten cents in 1970. I haven't bought one in a long time so I don't know what the cost now but that gives you a platform upon which to decide the value of a Machine or anything else that you know the prices of. Machines listed at $4,400 in 1969 -70 what ever a 10 oz soft drink costs today gives you the multiple of what a Machine costs today most likely. Pretty well everything rises at the same rate. 

There are exceptions and the automotive exceptions are the high performance Chrysler built. They were cheap junk compared to all other muscle cars but the Hemi engine and their success at the track inflated their value. So did the Dukes of Hazard. That didn't happen for any other marque or at least not to that extent. 

Manufacturing the only authentic Rebel Machine Stripe Kit since 1996 and now manufacturing new sheetmetal panels for AMC Automobiles
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc5fan1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2018 at 7:33pm
I now have my own 2400 sq ft shop to work on this and my other AMC cars.
mc5fan@msn.com
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc5fan1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2018 at 7:43pm
I picke4d this up for my 401 engine that is slated to replace the present 360 that Rebelxxx put in it. The 360 was great fun but the 401 should really be a blast.
mc5fan@msn.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic