TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

70 Rebel SST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelxxxxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 70 Rebel SST
    Posted: Nov/27/2011 at 11:23pm
I got this car because of the color, just didnt know everything on it was wore out, or just flat out done wrong...
Anyways, this is my girls drag car for next year..

Obviously the last three pics are when I first got it running and before every nut and bolt came off except for the deck lid bolts, and the gas tank j-bolts...
What a mess. All new legendary interior, front end, engine, tranny, etc.. 
.030 over 360, 727 with a 3200 converter, and 4.10's with mosers... 
1970 Rebel SST 360, 5-speed
1970 Ambassador SST 2-Dr, 360,
1972 Ambassador Station Wagon, 401
1972 Javelin 360
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2011 at 8:05am
Nice Thumbs Up  We going to see it at GAD?
Dave ----
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
70amcpwr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amcpwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2011 at 9:28am
Very cool, just needs a Machine scoop now!
70amcpwr You just can't fix stupid.
SOLD 1970 BBO Javelin, wifes 73 AMX 360 4spd. Next project 1969 AMX
AmeriMan View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmeriMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2011 at 9:58am
Nice Rebel!  Love the Bayshore blue/blue interior combination-just like my Rebel Machine.

Let me know how the Legendary interior works.  Overall quality and color-match compared to original interior.  Did you get the "assembled" door panels?

larue390@comcast.net
70 Donohue 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70 Donohue 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2011 at 12:27pm
Wow that is reallly nice! That can't be an Ohio car? NO rust?? Great color combo!

We used to stop at the Medina exit for gas & lunch at the Sohio station right off I 71 on our family trips from Dayton to Canton. That little resturant had the best food. I bet its long gone?
67 Rogue 290 Convert

70 BBO 390 5 Speed Javelin-under construction
70amcpwr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amcpwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2011 at 10:34pm
To get "assembled" door panels you need to ship them your upper rails. They will staple as the factory did their panels to your rails and glue the vinyl to the rails. Overall a very good job.
72Javelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72Javelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2011 at 6:20am
wow...that's beautiful...
Jeff Reeves
Auburn, GA
AMO Technical Editor

Currently AMC-less after 30+ years
70amcpwr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amcpwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2011 at 6:41am
Thanks, it was a good #3 but started over with it.
390spirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 390spirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2011 at 7:17am
70amcpwr, Clarksville NH, is that where Clarks trading post is where they have the bear shows?

Norm
rebelxxxxxx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelxxxxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2011 at 12:07am
I live about 5 miles from the I-71 exit. I get on and off it almost everyday!! 
I will be bringing it to GAD in 2012 baring anything crazy. And, the Machine scoop will be bolted on as soon as I get the hole cut in the hood. VFN makes a very nice reproduction Machine scoop, just no stands for the tach, but that is pretty simple to make..
 I wish I could say its rust free, but it does have its character.. :).. Actually, the pass. side qtr. is the only really bad part. Some rust in the trunk, but still a very solid car. I found rust free doors, and had to do some welding in the front drivers floor pan (Javelin/AMX floor pan is very close, just needs widened)..
I stripped down the whole engine compartment and front wheel houses to clean metal. No rust, just very messy. I just couldnt put it back together without cleaning and painting everything. Glad I did also, I am just thrilled with how it looks in Bayshore blue with all new lines, suspension, etc.. Never planned on going to that extent, but it was worth it. 
The interior is basically back together. I put in a nice-cost effective sound matting on the whole floor area. New carpet, seats, door panels, silll plates, etc.. The seats were re-done at one point before I got the car, so I have no way to compare the Legendary stuff to the original material.. But, have found little chunks of somewhat clean old vinyl on the back side of the original junk door panels, and they look close.. Not perfect, but close... I just think the blue metallic color is gorgeous anyways..
The door panels were the un-assembled ones. You can send them your original metal tops, and either new or very good used window sweeps and they will then finish assembling them so that it is ready to install. I found that using a #4 sheet metal screw works great instead of staples in holding them together. I just had to gring off the threads on the backside before installing them. I used the flat head style and they sank perfectly into the new hardboard.. Same approach for the sweeps.. I have used their seat covers several times and have always been happy with them. The door panels are just as nice.. 

1970 Rebel SST 360, 5-speed
1970 Ambassador SST 2-Dr, 360,
1972 Ambassador Station Wagon, 401
1972 Javelin 360
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic