TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

70 Javelin Historic race car project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2015 at 12:04pm
This is one of the best builds going on right now.  I cant wait to see it done.  Looks fantastic and being done right.
dkrtgood View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkrtgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2015 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by ambassador401 ambassador401 wrote:

Some modification on strut rods

Any specs on the coil overs? I'm planning to go that route one day and would like to know what spring rate and dimensions? Mine is a 70 Javelin also. How is the LCA bind with the new strut rod design? Move freely without bind? Such a better idea than a hard rubber bush torquing on arm all day long.
Dave Goodwin
President of Tampa Bay AMC

70 Mark Donohue BBO 390 5-speed
77 Matador Coupe AKA "The Beave"
70 Javelin 360 / Auto - BBG

klvn8r View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klvn8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2015 at 9:39pm
Can't tell for certain how/where the main hoop is attached.....is not tied to the front spring eye boxes??  Looks like its "floating" above the floor.....  Do I need my eyes checked?

klvn8r

ambassador401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambassador401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2015 at 12:49am
Originally posted by dkrtgood dkrtgood wrote:

Originally posted by ambassador401 ambassador401 wrote:

Some modification on strut rods

Any specs on the coil overs? I'm planning to go that route one day and would like to know what spring rate and dimensions? Mine is a 70 Javelin also. How is the LCA bind with the new strut rod design? Move freely without bind? Such a better idea than a hard rubber bush torquing on arm all day long.

Coilovers are QA1 DD501 and spring rate is 600lbs if I remember it right, I'll have to check the specs. Don't know if these are good or not but someone on this forum was using a set like this and I decided to try it too. Shocks are rebuildable so its possible to change them a bit if necessary. Strut rod seems to be quite good, only a little bit hard to adjust because there is only one thread but you only have to do it once.
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambassador401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2015 at 12:53am
Originally posted by klvn8r klvn8r wrote:

Can't tell for certain how/where the main hoop is attached.....is not tied to the front spring eye boxes??  Looks like its "floating" above the floor.....  Do I need my eyes checked?

klvn8r

I'll have to take some new pics, exhaust tunnels were not done yet so the hoop was left "floating". Now its boxed to the floor.
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambassador401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2015 at 12:08pm
There

Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambassador401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2015 at 12:15pm
Front sway bar brackets finished

Rear one is getting there

MoparLove View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoparLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2016 at 9:35pm
I would love to see some updates if possible. I love what you are doing!!

Wayne Davis
Coloradoamx
jtsllc1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtsllc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2016 at 9:07pm
I really like how everything is turning out.... There is allot of love put into this build....
JTSLLC1
shootist View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2016 at 10:31am
Totally bad rump! Loving this build and would like to see some more pics.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic