TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

70 Gremlin rear window gasket

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuuww1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 70 Gremlin rear window gasket
    Posted: Sep/19/2018 at 6:10am
I have a 1970 Gremlin rare solid rear window and trying to find the gasket- weatherstrip.
Bob
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2018 at 12:00pm
Go to the Steele Rubber Products website and either order one of their catalogs or check the online listings and see if there is a generic style of seal (sold by the foot) that will work.  You will probably need to measure your original seal and try to match to the diagrams in the catalog.  If you find one that works,  I suggest you post the part number here in order to help others.  As an alternative, if you have really deep pockets, contact Blaser's Rambler Parts in Illinois.  They have a lot of NOS inventory from dealer buyouts, but the prices are steep.  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2018 at 1:35pm
ifoundit@amcrambler.com
Email Peter.
Website...

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
gremlin1945 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2018 at 2:29am
Originally posted by BrotherBamc BrotherBamc wrote:

ifoundit@amcrambler.com
Email Peter.
Website...

Best advise. I just installed one on my new gremlin, fit like a glove. He gives you about 1' extra , just fit, trim and you're done. About $60 shipped.
former NHRA #1945

former IHRA #1945

T/SA
stuuww1 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuuww1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2018 at 7:02am
Thanks for info. Bought the glass from Blaser. Came with a generic gasket that did not work. Will contact amc rambler and see what he has.
Bob
stuuww1 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuuww1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2018 at 8:22pm
Nope. Looks like a very hard to find gasket. I did find out early 70 Gremlin base model was only time a solid window (no hatchback ) was produced. Bob
Bob
gremlin1945 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2018 at 8:54pm
I just read the Opie's initial post and didn't notice that he said that it was the stationary window. that is a very difficult gasket decline good luck getting one
former NHRA #1945

former IHRA #1945

T/SA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic