TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 70 AMX T10 Reverse to Steering Column Lock Linkage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

70 AMX T10 Reverse to Steering Column Lock Linkage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizkidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 70 AMX T10 Reverse to Steering Column Lock Linkage
    Posted: Apr/01/2008 at 11:14am
Anybody know what the linkage between the reverse shift lever and the steering column lock lever is supposed to be on a 1970 AMX, 390, T-10v, with Hurst Shifter? 

A cable?  Rods & pivot of some sort?

The steering column lever is there, and there appears to be an available hole in the reverse lever, so I'm assuming the interlock was hooked up when new.  Apparently, sometime in the past 38 years, someone decided that it wasn't worth the effort to be able to lock the shifter with the ignition key -- go figure!

Thanks in advance for any info (a picture or two would be worth more than a thousand words!).

v/r
Ron
Geek
Rebel Machine View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2008 at 8:27am
I've got one in my '70 AMX. It's a rod. Basically it's an anti-theft device. You can't get it out of reverse without turning the lock cylinder and you can't rotate the lock cylinder to remove the key without putting it in reverse.

-Steve-

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2008 at 8:36am

Here's pics of the bottom.

-Steve-
whizkidder View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizkidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2008 at 8:50am
Steve:  You are a Great American!  Thanks!

v/r
Ron
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2008 at 7:23pm
No problem. Glad it was helpful.

-Steve-

Pauls70AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauls70AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2008 at 7:49pm
Great pictures w/ alot of details, does any of the vendors have the linkage and brackets you need to mount the column lock linkage ? All of these years, I was thinking I had the wrong year steering column in my 70 AMX.
Thanks
70 AMX-4 speed-412 service block-Ross Custom piston-Crane Roller cam-Indy intake-Edelbrock heads-Canton 8qt road pan w/ girdle-MSD-Hooker headers-roller rockers-rally pac- go pac-Ford 9"-60,000 mile
CloudyB View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CloudyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2008 at 8:23pm
Give Mike a call at AMXMGS Resto parts,LLC.
860-483-0043
He's the man with the plan.lol.

70amxvegas View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amxvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2018 at 6:38pm
can you re post those pics ?
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2018 at 7:12pm
70amxvegas View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amxvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2018 at 11:40am
great , I will attempt to install mine now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic