TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

70 AMX led tail lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IdahoSpud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2016 at 10:30pm
There were some pretty down to earth plans on sequential  tail lights on the Maverick forum about a year back. They looked very easy to build as was explained there.

1966 Rambler Rogue
1980 Avanti 383 Stroker
1957 Chev BelAir 2 dr HT 327 Selling
1986 Jeep Comanche 4x4

hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2016 at 10:30pm
Keep us posted, been considering the bulbs for my 70 Javelin, but as already stated there are a lot of poor quality LED bulbs that don't last and so not illuminated as advertised.
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

4.0 Rambler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4.0 Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2016 at 9:17am
Will do

1970 AMX

1969 Rambler
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2016 at 9:34am
I sent a request to them too.

70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4.0 Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2016 at 9:37am
Thanks,
Matt at Digitails said this will help move things long.

1970 AMX

1969 Rambler
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2017 at 2:47pm
Anyone have an update on this?

70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4.0 Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2017 at 4:34pm
I haven't been on here in a while. 
No word yet from Matt at Digitails. 

If your interested in getting a set in the future please send them a message. It will help to show interest so there will be a better chance of them making a standard retrofit.

Thanks

1970 AMX

1969 Rambler
hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2017 at 9:12pm
Updates are good!
Thumbs Up
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

BDCVG View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDCVG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2017 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by 4.0 Rambler 4.0 Rambler wrote:

Originally posted by dkrtgood dkrtgood wrote:

I am also currently mocking up a set for my 70. Has roughly 30 LEDS per side and has built in sequential turn signals like the Shelbys. I have all the parts and an extra  tail light assy for fitment, just need to find time to see how it works out. 

LEDs use way less amperage and will be cooler and last forever....when I step on my brakes now you can watch the volt meter drop..that's how much power drain those 1157's are.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that is thinking of upgrading to LEDs. They do offer a lot of benefits.
Yesterday I sent off the tail light housings and back up light to Digitails for conversion. The plan is to have  them flash sequential and I am also going to see if they can have the back up light light up with the running lights. I think this would give the back of the car a unique look when cruising, and the more lights on hopefully gets peoples attention to avoid a rear end collision. 

If everything works out I think I will also convert the fronts to LEDs. I figure they will look  something like these from a 69 Camaro. And since I run orange Hornet front lenses it will be very close. 
1970 AMX 390 5 spd full Control Freaks front and rear suspension
2014 E63 AMG-S wagon
1965 Austin-Healey 3000 MK III              
BDCVG View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDCVG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2017 at 6:49pm
Having the back-up light on with the side marker lights may be illegal. Most state laws address vehicle light colors quite specifically and a white light burning if You aren't backing up will not meet some specs.  I learned a lot about this after getting nabbed for X-mas lights on the roof rack of My Jeep.  Colors other than yellow and red are for emergency/ safety vehicles.
1970 AMX 390 5 spd full Control Freaks front and rear suspension
2014 E63 AMG-S wagon
1965 Austin-Healey 3000 MK III              
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic