TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

''70 AMX interior paint

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodvonbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ''70 AMX interior paint
    Posted: Apr/09/2016 at 6:42pm
Does anyone know of a supplier for Dark Brown Metalic paint in a spray can?
I ordered from Amark and was able to do the entire dash, center console, A pillars and headliner trim. But now I need to do all the trim in the back of the car and it looks like I might have bought the last cans Amark had (it shows sold out on the site).
It won't need to be a perfect match since none of the pieces will be side by side.
Any help is appreciated.
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2016 at 7:21pm
Confirm the paint code you are looking for by reviewing the chip samples for 1970 at autocolorlibrary.com   Once you have the paint code, contact APStowerpaint and order it in a spray can.   At least that is what I would try to do.  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
rodvonbon View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodvonbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2016 at 8:00pm
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Joe.
I think I have the right paint code, so I'll check out APSowerpaint and see if they can mix some up for me.
bcsideshow View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcsideshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2016 at 8:38pm
I brought a painted piece to my local paint supply store and had them match and mix up some.  Wish I would have got more.

1969 SCRambler "B"
1970 AMX 390 Auto
1968 AMX 390 Auto
1970 Rebel Machine Project
1969 AMX 390 4SPD Project
1969 AMX 390 Auto Project
1969 Javelin 390 project
1997 Cherokee lifted
1998 TJ Lifted
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2016 at 8:48pm
When I spoke with someone at AMARK they said they were going to go with a different spray paint supplier that was cheaper. That was several months ago though and nothing on the website yet.

APS Tower Paint is about the same price as AMARK's previous paint and when I gave them the code over the phone they had the paint to me in less than a week - color was perfect.
IdahoSpud View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IdahoSpud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2016 at 9:15pm
If you have a good local paint supplier they can usually mix the paint for you. Check around your area. I have mine mixed locally and put in a spray can. 
1966 Rambler Rogue
1980 Avanti 383 Stroker
1957 Chev BelAir 2 dr HT 327 Selling
1986 Jeep Comanche 4x4

rodvonbon View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodvonbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2016 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by sweatlock sweatlock wrote:

When I spoke with someone at AMARK they said they were going to go with a different spray paint supplier that was cheaper. That was several months ago though and nothing on the website yet.

APS Tower Paint is about the same price as AMARK's previous paint and when I gave them the code over the phone they had the paint to me in less than a week - color was perfect.

Yeah, I've been checking Amark every week or so over the past several months and they still show out of stock.
APS sounds like my best option. I'll call them on Monday and see what they can do. I like hearing about a one week turn around. Maybe I'll stock up this time for future projects.
tyrodtom View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyrodtom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2016 at 9:35pm
Even my small town of just over 1000 population has a paint supplier that will mix paint to any formulae and put it in spray cans.
While you wait, and for a lot less than you have to pay with the delivery charges you'd have to pay if you got it online.
66 American SW, 66 American 2dr, 82 J10, 70 Hornet, Pound, Va.
Javelin360 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2016 at 9:48pm
You may want to call AMark sometimes their sight indicates out of stock when they have do in fact have stock.
69 AMX     401/727
74 Javelin 360/727
09 Mustang Supercharged 4.6
14 Wrangler Sport 4X4
18 GMC Sierra
rodvonbon View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodvonbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2016 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by tyrodtom tyrodtom wrote:

Even my small town of just over 1000 population has a paint supplier that will mix paint to any formulae and put it in spray cans.
While you wait, and for a lot less than you have to pay with the delivery charges you'd have to pay if you got it online.

The city of Chicago has had a spray paint ban for years due to all the graffiti and you can't buy it within city limits. I could find a place out to the suburbs, but the convenience of having it delivered to my door is too appealing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic