TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

70 AMX BBP shadow mask.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2012 at 8:11pm
Keep it coming!
Does the heater box have A/C and did you get the kit from DMT? If  from DMT and no A/C I would like to see how far you tear it down. Then again I think you said it had A/C Confused
Dave ----
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
AMX North View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX North Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2012 at 8:44pm
I am curious as to what is in the kit ? I did mine and it was mostly foam tape that sealed it up.
This was my heater box before it was cleaned up.
And the air conditioning parts with the heater box installed.The masking tape is factory as far as I can tell
Here is the heater box before it went back in .

70 AMX/390/Auto Hialeah yellow/Shadow Mask,           Kevin Jones

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2012 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by FuzzFace2 FuzzFace2 wrote:

Keep it coming!
Does the heater box have A/C and did you get the kit from DMT?
Dave, this project is a non A/C car and the kit is from DMT. Here is the link to their eBay store item so you can see what is in the kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DMT-AMC-68-70-Javelin-AMX-NON-AC-Heater-Box-Resto-Kit-/360244918449?hash=item53e04538b1&item=360244918449&pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

I will try to take as many good pictures as I can when I start working on it Tuesday.

Kevin, There is also foam for the blend door and a foam seal where the box meets the cowl. DMT also includes the foam blower motor seal and the vibration pad for under the blower motor.

Edited by pit crew - Aug/05/2012 at 8:55pm

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
AMX North View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX North Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2012 at 9:02pm
Looks like a very complete kit . I don`t even know what some of those pieces are for LOL . I left the centre section of my heater box in place as it contained all the air conditioning parts and I did not want to mess with that. I was mostly interested in getting the heater core changed . I will be interested to see what you think of the kit when you get it installed.

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2012 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by AMX North AMX North wrote:

I will be interested to see what you think of the kit when you get it installed.
I used a DMT kit on the 74 Javelin project and even though it was a "beta" of the 74 kit it was very complete and the results were great. I have a feeling I will like this kit too even though this one is for a non A/C car where as the one for the Javelin was for an A/C car.

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2012 at 7:46pm
Did not get a lot done on the heater box tonight. Get distracted by a couple of other issues. I did get the blower motor back on the mounting plate though. As you can see the kit comes with the two rubber washers and the motor pad ring. Everything lined up and fit perfect.

Now I do have two questions for all you 70 AMX restoration experts.

1. Where can I find a replacement eccentric spring for the electric wipers?
    We disassembled several electric wipers and the spring was toast on all of them.

2. What did you use as a replacement for the foam seal where the shaft of the wiper motor goes through the mounting plate?
    Again, this item was toast on the two spares we took apart.

It seems that both of these items are not available from the usual crowd of vendors.

Edited by pit crew - Sep/29/2017 at 8:19pm

AMX North View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX North Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2012 at 8:37pm
Heater fan motor looks great but I can`t help on the electric wipers as mine are vacuum Wink

whizkidder View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizkidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2012 at 8:38pm
I got a replacement spring from a guy on eBay last year. Wasn't quite correct, but close enough to make it work. I'll see if I can dredge up my records.
Ron Frost
marne1ancient @ gmail.com
910 nine two two 0563

"There is no limit to what a man can do, so long as he does not care a straw who gets credit for it. Charles Montague
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2012 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by whizkidder whizkidder wrote:

I got a replacement spring from a guy on eBay last year. Wasn't quite correct, but close enough to make it work. I'll see if I can dredge up my records.
Thanks.

will333 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2012 at 5:29am
Originally posted by pit crew pit crew wrote:

1. Where can I find a replacement eccentric spring for the electric wipers?
    We disassembled several electric wipers and the spring was toast on all of them.

It seems that both of these items are not available from the usual crowd of vendors.

Go to page 26 of this thread, half way down the page, and you'll see what Scott did to fix mine. Pretty simple fix.
http://theamcforum.com/forum/silver-68-the-project-update_topic24442_page26.html?KW=SILVER+68
1968 AMX 390 Automatic
Turbo Silver outside,
red on the inside
"The Orbiter"

A Scott Campbell restoration
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
  Share Topic