TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

6th OZ AMC/Rambler show 15th-17th March 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6th OZ AMC/Rambler show 15th-17th March 2019
    Posted: Mar/19/2018 at 12:24am
Started this thread mainly so people know the date for next year which is;

15th to 17th March 2019

And just quickly I am not sure if the Australian AMC/Rambler club "Australian Nationals" are due next year,but if they are then you are more then welcome to hold them at the 6th annual AMC/Rambler show here in Albury/Wodonga. That's assuming they are due in 2019 and a venue hasn't already been chosen. Just an idea or food for thought down the track another year

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/19/2018 at 12:36am
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2018 at 6:12pm
If all goes to plan here is a sneak peek of what to expect on on the 2019 poster Smile

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2018 at 4:58am
I was shown a rough draft of next years Chrysler's on the Murray 2019 poster and looks pretty good with Italo's Classic on it (photo in previous post) advertising the 6th Australian AMC/Rambler show. Will look good on our own AMC poster when I get it done Smile
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2018 at 7:25pm

That's Italo's Classic from the photo I took. AMC only poster should be out later in month or next month. 
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2018 at 7:44pm
Good to see this is still ticking along, things have been pretty quiet in here. Clashes with the F1 next year, which is a bit unfortunate.
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2018 at 6:33am
Yeah always plenty going on in the background. Still going to use the forum as the initial point for new info on the 2019 show and again I will rely on the AMC community to help spread the word from this forum via facebook, emails, newsletters, word of mouth, Indian smoke signals, hand gestures, ESP,  etc etc Smile 

Although it wont be officially advertised as such on the entry form/brochure 2019 we will focus on the AMC Rambler 'Classic' range of cars next year. An often understated but very important part of AMC history. Will be great to get a nice line up of these Classics in both sense of the word

Not much more info as yet. Our AMC specific poster will be out later this month or next month. Printed flyers sometime in next few weeks. 

It has always been hit and miss in regards to clashing with the F1 and has proven hard not to in past years as the F1 can move around a bit too. it hasnt seemed to hurt numbers of cars and visitors significantly but i am sure it does to some extent

A few cars that were booked in to come this year but missed out for whatever reason have indicated they will be here next year including a couple of new resto's still on the boil and a couple of new acquisitions I am looking forward to seeing

And warmer days ahead so enjoy driving or restoring your AMC and look forward to getting them all, and their owners, together again next year to share a common interest we all have. To preserve and foster an increased interest in these rare cars for all to enjoy and so they are still around for future generations. I have written it somewhere before but believe it or not its a fact not many of the younger generations could care less about some of these old dinosaurs (I am talking about the cars, not us LOL ) In a way we sort of need to band together better now while there is still plenty of cars, parts and owners who know a bit about them from when they were everyday cars so that this combined interest and knowledge can flow on into the future when most of us are busy chatting with Dick Teague and Roy Chapin. Hopefully then many years down the track these cars can at least be seen in a museum or even better still on the road and driving. I have seen a few too many old car owners passing away over the last couple of years with sheds full of nice cars that hardly see the light of day and cars under resto that the owner has just been too finicky and fussy with to ever get it done. We certainly arnt here for a long time but we can be here for a good time. And one of them good times is the annual Australian AMC Rambler show. I am really looking forward to seeing many old and new cars and catching up with many more old and new owners Smile

Edited by 70Hornet - Sep/12/2018 at 6:44am
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2018 at 7:32am
F1 Calendar is still to be confirmed, just worked out well last year with it being the week after the show so that I could take in both events and get the most out of the flight over. Show Saturday and race Sunday might work if a sneaky weekend trip pops up. Definitely hope to get over there one day with a car, maybe the Gremlin in 2020 as it's a great weekend.
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
Jamie Collins View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2018 at 2:12am
Well the Matador gets rego tomorrow so this could be possible next year things going well.

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2018 at 6:22pm
For sure. Would be good to get a few more of the big AMC's to the show Smile
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2018 at 6:26am
The show entry forms are now available on the Chrysler Club website below;

www.chryslersonthemurray.com

The printed copies should be sent out soon to all previous entrants. The AMC posters are still a few weeks off and copies will be sent to the AMC clubs etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic