TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

69 SC Journey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 95>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2018 at 12:00am
Wonderful work, Kevin. Really a work of art with much time and superb craftsmanship. Congrats on the home stretch.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2018 at 9:17pm
Support projects as well as some "big ticket" items had to come off the list this week.  My great friend Bruce has been coming over every night now to help pull me this project across the line right now.  He has been doing a lot of part prep, and I caught him cleaning the NOS radiator hoses this week with cleaner and a tooth brush - now that is dedication.  Thanks Bruce, you have been a great friend through the years and I appreciate our friendship.

We spent a whole evening bolting up and fighting alignment of the rear NOS bumper and NOS backup assemblies, nice photo with all the grimey finger prints on the NOS chrome!:

The project that nearly kicked my butt - aligning and setting the rear windows and regulator panels.  I won't go into detail - but I would say, think twice before removing yours for restoration - these things are crazy hard to do.  Two nights and several hours today to get them to about 85% satisfaction to me, but probably 50% better than factory.  I did learn some secrets to getting these where they need to be.  This was a big deal this morning when I finally conquered this one...

And one last photo of the NOS speedo cable and NOS gear just before install.  The boxes are emptying!!

Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
67 Rogue 290-4V 4spd Conv
A-Scheme SC/Rambler (69 SC JOURNEY)
Rogue343 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2018 at 7:55am
Kevin, I feel your pain about doing the quarter windows.  Remember doing mine on the Rogue.  You need three hands and those only enough room for two.  Took me two days and a few choice words, a couple times had to stop and walk away from it just due to frustration but finally got them.

Looks like you're making good progress down the home stretch.  MCACN's three weeks away!

1967 Rambler Rogue 'X' code 343 4 speed
1966 Rambler American 440 4 door Factory 290 (now 360) 4 speed VIN 100003
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2018 at 8:07am
Grimey finger prints are good, rust is bad!

Ha!

Geezo! The rear quarter window is that bad to install? I wonder if the factory used a jig or something to align them with. Seems like if workers had to manually install them, they may have been child laborers or imported from China.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2018 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Rogue343 Rogue343 wrote:

Kevin, I feel your pain about doing the quarter windows.  Remember doing mine on the Rogue.  You need three hands and those only enough room for two.  Took me two days and a few choice words, a couple times had to stop and walk away from it just due to frustration but finally got them.

Looks like you're making good progress down the home stretch.  MCACN's three weeks away!

Sounds like I was right on PAR! same experience, and yes the clock ticks down....

Painted the air cleaner and rear brake drums last night with semi gloss black.

Today I got all the clutch linkage hooked up tonight after some new challenges. Need to nail the exhaust this week and finish hooking up rear end / shock stuff.
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2018 at 7:50am
It looks great Kevin... but whose toothbrush did Bruce use???
AMO Newsletter Editor
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2018 at 7:24am
If you live within the Chicagoland area come out this morning and join the awesome AMC display at MCACN 2018 show and the next chapter in this project's journey!

69 SC JOURNEY will be unveiled at 10:45am CST!
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2018 at 12:41pm
Car looked great on the video Kevin! Look forward to seeing it in 2019.
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Ambassador
AMO#10333
gtoman_us View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2018 at 5:43pm
Just watched the unveiling Kevin..AMC proud!
Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
B Pitt View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Pitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2018 at 12:23pm
Car looked great at the show! You did a fantastic job. You should be very proud of all the work you 
and your family put into that car. 
You are the only guy I know that can get rained on in a indoor show!Wink
Hope your family made it home safe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 95>
  Share Topic