TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

69 Rambler - Installing 360 & Body Work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2018 at 7:25pm
Awesome, Jim. That is a sweet car.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2018 at 5:24pm
Almost ready for paint.  The shop let me come in and give a good scraping, wire wheeling and elbow grease work out to the trunk and interior floor.  Lot's of dried adhesive and some surface rust but it's now taking shape.  Only one small rust through spot directly under the gas pedal but I have a little patch piece from my parts car for that issue.  Picked my color after looking at hundreds of them.  I'll wait to reveal it when it's painted soon.  Here are some of the trunk and interior.  Still a work in progress.

LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2018 at 7:56pm
Be fun to meet up next year in Boulder City with our 69's

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2018 at 9:07am
Hot out of the booth.  New paint applied.  She was completely stripped to bare metal, all body work done, straightened lots of lines, primed, blocked, etc. etc.   PPG Ferrari Grigio Alloy paint color applied with three coats wet clear.  Now cut and buff, and reinstall interior.  360 running great. Keep working on small things.  Bad time of the day for pics but I was excited to show it off.

LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2018 at 9:38am
looking good Matt..................
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
mixed up View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2018 at 2:59pm
I see it on the road next spring matt looking good
69 amx 290 auto
65 220 290 4spd
80 ford fairmont
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2018 at 3:46pm
Thanks gents.  I feel like a kid in a candy store.  But I can't get too giddy.  Still need to work on dialing everything in.  But I'm having fun as the heavy lifting is virtually done.  At least I cleaned out my garage so I have a nice spot for her when I bring her home after Thanksgiving.  
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2018 at 11:16am
Getting closer.  Need to put the windows back in, bumpers and two front trim pieces are being chromed/polished.  Decided to redo the interior while I have it all apart.

LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2018 at 11:35am
Beautiful, nice spray job. Wish I could afford to have mine professionally painted !! Got to go with the ...I done it look....heheheheheh

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2018 at 12:30pm
looking really nice....
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic