TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

69 Rambler - Installing 360 & Body Work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mitchs66 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchs66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2017 at 10:15pm
[QUOTE=LakesideRamblin]

"I'm moving like the tortoise but it's progress!"

I call that steady by jerks . But it will be great in the end. Looking really good.
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2017 at 12:57am
Thanks Mitch. I appreciate the encouragement. How's your '66 coming along?
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
mitchs66 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchs66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2017 at 7:35am
Pretty much a stand still, been ordering some more parts here and there. 2 daughters played soccer and are now in t-ball and softball, but we are about done with that so hopefully I'll have a little more time soon. Thanks for asking.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2017 at 9:40am
You have a great family and I admire and respect your priorities (and the fact that you include your daughters on your car activities). Have a great summer with them!
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2017 at 3:55pm
Is your pinion still centered or is it offset in the car?

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2017 at 1:49pm
Pinion is centered.  My 8.8 was cut down so the differential is centered.  I guess my main concern is pinion angle up or down.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2017 at 2:25pm
POR 15 Coating on my gas tank today after cleaning and de-rusting.  Never used this product before. Seems very good but will take at least 2 coats.  Tank was in fairly good condition.  Some surface rust and some dings but very usable.

LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2017 at 1:53am
Final gas tank POR 15 coating.  3 coats.  New sending unit.  Thanks for those of you who helped me figure out the tabs on the lock ring.  Beer bottle on the filler neck just for effects  but it keeps the dust out. Thumbs Up

LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2017 at 10:03am
Hey Matt just read through your post....looks like you are making good progress...engine looks really good sitting in the engine bay....
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2017 at 11:45am
Originally posted by LakesideRamblin LakesideRamblin wrote:

Final gas tank POR 15 coating.  3 coats.  New sending unit.  Thanks for those of you who helped me figure out the tabs on the lock ring.  Beer bottle on the filler neck just for effects  but it keeps the dust out. Thumbs Up

That's just a little bit of liquid courage right there!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic